Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear WG602v2: Can't access admin page

• 02-01-2005 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

I've had this router for a while now.. I want to open up mac access for a new Dell Axim PDA I have.

I plugged the unit into my pc through its ethernet port. When I type either the ap name "netgearXXXXX" or the IP 192.168.0.227 (in the maual) into the address bar, i get page cannot be displayed.

I did get it working once before by assigning a static IP to the unit or something, but I'm not sure of what to put in the network settings now.. I don't know what to put in the DNS server spaces particularly.

I think you're supposed to be able to access this wirelessly and not have to plug directly into the unit by ethernet, but my ap is fairly fooked up, I already sent back a V1 of this product as it wasn't the V2 I had ordered.

My head is wrecked with this.. I'd love to have wireless working on this lovely little gadget!

thanx

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Emerson wrote:
    I've had this router for a while now.. I want to open up mac access for a new Dell Axim PDA I have.

I plugged the unit into my pc through its ethernet port. When I type either the ap name "netgearXXXXX" or the IP 192.168.0.227 (in the maual) into the address bar, i get page cannot be displayed.

I did get it working once before by assigning a static IP to the unit or something, but I'm not sure of what to put in the network settings now.. I don't know what to put in the DNS server spaces particularly.

I think you're supposed to be able to access this wirelessly and not have to plug directly into the unit by ethernet, but my ap is fairly fooked up, I already sent back a V1 of this product as it wasn't the V2 I had ordered.

My head is wrecked with this.. I'd love to have wireless working on this lovely little gadget!

thanx

it is usually pretty easy to access a router through the browser by typing the 192 or whatever. However if you previously gave it a static IP then the address in the handbook is now irrelevant. Have you tried resetting the router to bring it back to the factory settings? theres a pinhole at the back use a paper clip to push it in for a few seconds and that will bring it back to the old 192 address.

AFAIK you dont have to adjust any other settings e.g. the dns ones you mention. The manual should have full details as to how to reset the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Yea I did reset it with the pinhole..
    The problem is, the unit answered at the ip address in the manual out of the box.
    When I change the IP settings of my network card and type in that manual IP into the browser, I either get the address of my apache server or page cannot be displayed if the server is shut down.

When I change the Local Area Connection IP in windows, am I changing the Network cards IP or the unit connected to the network card's IP, or both?
    I think it's the later but this has me confused.
    When I click, obtain IP address automatically, the IP stays at 169.something, even after I click the "repair" button, which usually fixes it.

baffled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭halkar

If you reset your WG602 it should have it's default IP of 192.168.0.227 .
    Manually configure your computer's IP ( the network card connected to WG602).
    You can try
    192.168.0.210 for IP
    255.255.255.0 for Subnet
    192.168.0.227 for default gateway.

Your username and password will be the default netgear ones as you have reset the router. Also don't forget the address is [url]Https://192.168.0.227[/url] not http :)

all the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

halkar wrote:
    If you reset your WG602 it should have it's default IP of 192.168.0.227 .
    Manually configure your computer's IP ( the network card connected to WG602).
    You can try
    192.168.0.210 for IP
    255.255.255.0 for Subnet
    192.168.0.227 for default gateway.

Your username and password will be the default netgear ones as you have reset the router. Also don't forget the address is [url]Https://192.168.0.227[/url] not http :)

all the best
    Excellent!
    Writing this on my new pda through a wpa encrypted wireless connection..
    Changed the ssid and channel also.
    It was http not https actually but spot on otherwise..

Thanx!

Advertisement