Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i put 360 degree images on my site

Options
  • 02-01-2005 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Is there some software i can get to merge a several images side by side into a 360 image for my website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Oh, you mean like the quicktime thing?

/me goes off to look for it.

[edit]
    One way is to photostich the images together. Another way is to use QTVR

An example of QTVR

Couldn't find the software, free, so you may have to pay for it :(
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Flash can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

so does anyone know any software for doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

This is a two part thing .... first stitch the pics together and save as needed, normally .jpeg .... be aware that the big the pic in size the longer it'll take to load.

Once you have the pic ... you need a viewer .... you could use Ipix or something like that ... and you'd have to pay .. and the viewer/visitor to your website would have to download something ..... that is why you should try and go for something that uses a java applet .... Try this list !! ... it is trial and error, and whatever one suits you best !!

Also ... when taking the pics for the 360, remember you will have to overlap the left of one pic over the right of another (if you know what i mean) so give yourself space to do so, transparent gradient is what you'd use normally.

And if the stitcher leaves a watermark ... just copy that section from the original pic and paste in to the new one, its a bit fiddley but give it a go.

Best of luck ..... seem to remember these guys being good

www.panavue.com

Advertisement