Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That new Zelda game stuff and yea

Options
  • 02-01-2005 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Dude does like anybody know when that new Zleda game is supposed to come out? I think it's supposed to be around May or something like near the next E3 or whatever...but god...I want to know...they like tell you theyre coming out with one so early and dont tell you when or the title or anything...at least I don't think there's a title yet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Q4 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok im well aware this could be fake but it sounds well thought out. apparently it's real.

I found some really interesting rumors on GCNGB.

Legend of Zelda: Reins of Sorrow

Fake or Not?

KA Monthly recently had the chance to sit down with Nintendo producer/director Eiji Aonuma, who discussed with us some interesting details concerning the forthcoming Zelda title for the Gamecube.

The game, a sequel to 2003's smash hit The Wind Waker, will feature a new Link, one "whose personality thrives on his emotions." The game is also said to be more character-driven, with "Link having a deeper and introspective personality," one that reflects "the sheer magnitude of his determination and sense of solitude."

Gameplay elements were also discussed: "The game will feature an even larger world than the previous titles, so exploration will be the key." To traverse this vast land, Link will now have to set up camp and rely on a magical item: the reins of sorrow. "Link's new friend is a horse named Poseidon, whom he saves from drowning in a flood caused by a terrible storm. On Poseidon's back are the magical bridles, the reins of sorrow, which allow him to transform into various beings." Some 'beings' mentioned were an eagle and a wolf.

More details on The Reins of Sorrow will be reported as soon as they come in. Expect a summer 2005 release for the Gamecube.

Apparently Eiji Aonuma was talking to something called G4techtv about it, which was posted on a spanish forum. He apparently told them the Japenese name for the game..."Zelda no Denetsu: Yuushuu no Tadzuna." ...which supposedly translates to something like "The legend of Zelda:The Ride of Melancholy."

we can only wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

if thats true I can't wait! I was hoping they'd finally give Link an actual personality for once :rolleyes:
    As opposed to the silent hero of the previous games, hey the new one might have speech!
    I remember watching one of the discs that came with a games magazine and it showed some clips, looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

That interview is fake, and any subtitle you've heard to date ("Reigns of Sorrow" etc.) are also fake.

Link will probably never have a voice, and imo shouldn't. It would distance you as a player from the character of Link since he would now have his own voice, his own things that he says etc. In Zelda you are supposed to be Link.

Some pics to brighten up this thread a bit:

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20041123071035416.jpg
    the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20040512100820624.jpg
    the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014924.jpg

Beautiful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/me drools...
    I actually have the top one posted in my LiveJournal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

they can't make link into an actual character, that would suck.....really suck, they just can't.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

the sooner it arrives the better who cares if link doesnt talk let the fairy do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Schnozzberries

I read in game informer that it is supposed to look similar to ocarina of time but better of course and like"darker". it didnt really have a whole lot of information though...im like ...i cant wait...

Advertisement