Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection refused to all ports.

• 02-01-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I am trying to host a site on IIS using no-ip.com to keep the domain targeted to my dynamic ip.

I am currently with IOLBB, using the ZyXEL 623r-T1 modem/router but when i check my connection to any port using www.canyouseeme.org all i get connection refused. Which leads me to believe the modem/router is blocking all of them. i have attempted to go into NAT/ SUA and open a range of ports 5600-5700 If i enter the current ip address it still doesent work. Anyone got any suggestion how i can get this to work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

you will never be able to connect to yourself like that
    try opening the port IIS is running on, pointing the dynamic DNS to you,
    then test it by connecting from a DIFFERNENT IP

anonymiser.com is good for that, or ask a friend to try

long story short, trying to connect to yourself using your external IP address (213.202.129.X) wont work no matter what ports are open.
    (dunno if its the routers fault or not, but i had this problem myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DelSutton

DelSutton wrote:
    i have attempted to go into NAT/ SUA and open a range of ports 5600-5700 If i enter the current ip address it still doesent work. QUOTE]

sorry mate i explained that badly main problem is i cant get to open the ports 5600-5700 everything i try www.canyouseeme.org still cannot connect to any of the ports i am trying to open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Forwarding a range of ports does not mean they are open. Unless a program on the NAT'ed machine has those ports open at the time you run the test it will always return connection refused.

Advertisement