Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Caro Book of Tells

Options
  • 02-01-2005 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Has anyone read this book or even the DVD/Video? I've read reviews of the book and definitely think its a book I want to read.

I believe the DVD doesn't contain all the info from the book but I'd imagine it would be better to physically see the tells on TV rather than read about them. The only thing is the DVD at $45 (before shipping costs) is about 3 times the price of the book. Has anyone seen the DVD?

Also I've read that the movie Rounders has been re-released and includes bonus material with commentary from 5 pros and is meant to be quite good. I know its out in the US, does anyone know if they have released it here yet? I'll deffo get a copy of this if I'm ordering Caros book to save on shipping costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Has anyone read this book or even the DVD/Video? I've read reviews of the book and definitely think its a book I want to read.

I believe the DVD doesn't contain all the info from the book but I'd imagine it would be better to physically see the tells on TV rather than read about them. The only thing is the DVD at $45 (before shipping costs) is about 3 times the price of the book. Has anyone seen the DVD?

Also I've read that the movie Rounders has been re-released and includes bonus material with commentary from 5 pros and is meant to be quite good. I know its out in the US, does anyone know if they have released it here yet? I'll deffo get a copy of this if I'm ordering Caros book to save on shipping costs.

The book is good, no idea about the dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The book is good but outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

the book is really good, the dvd is cringe worthy, caro is a bit of a cheesy character, and the acting is horrendous aswell, so id defo go for the book :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

lafortezza wrote:
    The book is good but outdated.
    If the guy with the Stetson hat looks down and to the left, he's bluffing.

Down and to the left.

DapperGent wrote:
    If the guy with the Stenson hat looks down
    It's Stetson you moron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

That's what I said.

DapperGent wrote:
    If the guy with the Stenson hat looks down and to the left, he's bluffing.

Down and to the left.
    Don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

thanks for the advice guys ..... book it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I have it at home gathering dust. If you or anyone else wants to borrow it let me know. Will prob be in the Fitz on Wed and Fri this week. Haven't played since before Christmas so I'm beginning to shake at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

I have it at home, I enjoyed the commentary a lot. Very interesting and very entertaining, Hellmuth does most of the talking as you would expect.

The other extras arent great, a bit basic I thought but if you like the film it is definitely worth the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Neil I'd love to borrow it if i could. I'll be in paris until saturday but if you could leave it in the club that would be great...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Marq wrote:
    Neil I'd love to borrow it if i could. I'll be in paris until saturday but if you could leave it in the club that would be great...
    No bother Marq. Will leave it there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Rodge wrote:
    I have it at home, I enjoyed the commentary a lot. Very interesting and very entertaining, Hellmuth does most of the talking as you would expect.

The other extras arent great, a bit basic I thought but if you like the film it is definitely worth the purchase.

Thanks Rodge. I've bought the book and the Rounders DVD from Amazon.com

The book was still 10Euro cheaper to buy from the states than to buy from Amozon.co.uk I just have to wait a few days more.

I hope the DVD works. I recently unlocked my Sony DVD player to be region free but have yet to test it with a Region 1 (US and Canada) DVD. The only other thing that can catch me out is the PAL and NTSC encoding that they are putting on DVDs at the moment. Total scam. Anyway 10Euro for the DVD with the shipping payment already covered with the Caro book is worth the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

If your tv isnt very old (as in 5+ years old) then it should definitely work, otherwise you might have trouble. Enjoy :D

Advertisement