Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmx Racing In Ireland

Options
  • 02-01-2005 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Does any1 know of any bmx racing clubs in Ireland and any details about them would be great. I am trying to start a club up here In Lisburn but finding it very hard as the sport is nearly unheard of here. Any advice would be great. www.freewebs.com/bmxtracksinnorthernireland
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

The last bmx race to take place in Ireland was in the early 90's AFAIK. Marley park bmx track in Dublin is the last surviving track in the south, and was used for a 4X (MTB) race a few years ago. Since BMX racing is now in the olympics UCI have a duty to promote it so contact whatever organisation looks after cycling in general in NI and ask them for help. DIG BMX magazine might be interested in publicising your campaign too. I remember riding the track the editor Will Smyth built in Belvoir Pk Belfast years ago is that still there. BTW Can you tell me what kind of condition the harperhill bowl is in and will I still be murdered by spides if I go there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 themadman88m

Yea I think that tracks still there. Dont know of harperhill bowl, but if there where spides, there still is ( Its N.Ireland). If you know Will Smyth, do u know meatman? And I have contacted cycling ulster and they have help me set up a club, but how can their be a club if the bmx tracks up here are not fit to hold races? The Lambeg track is probably the best one around up here and its in bad nick. the local crappy council won't do much about rebuilting it. However i did manage to get them to respary it with gravel. They drove the tractor over the existing jumps which ruined the lips and they put big stones down and 2 many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 little g

hi,the marley park track is now a play ground,ballbriggan is built on.finglas is built on,dont no if the cork track is still their,the only place i no is still going is the chuckies in saint annes raheny,n dublin no racing as such but great jumps etc good to train on pity all has vanished,lots of kids getn bmxs again do.their is a free style park in swords and in donaghmede worth a luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

If you're on facebook check out 20 inch ireland
    http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?id=1835528816&ref=nf

There has been a few races organised lately on a new track in Ballinrobe. Probably more in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GGorman

Ratoath bmx club are currently in the planing stage of building a trackhttp://www.ratoathbmx.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bmxingismylife

I am Sick off street rideing :( i live in south dublin and there is now where to go on my bmx . :( when i am in skate parks people on roller skates smash into me :( is there any track in dublin atall so can any one help me :( you can email me at (adidaskid7@hotmail.com ) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 darragh97

Check out ratoath bmx in Meath , come down at the weekend give it a try, just bring helmet and a cool head.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

I am Sick off street rideing :( i live in south dublin and there is now where to go on my bmx . :( when i am in skate parks people on roller skates smash into me :( is there any track in dublin atall so can any one help me :( you can email me at (adidaskid7@hotmail.com ) Thanks

There's a bowl in Bushy Park, just behind the tennis courts. Was down there last year with my son just looking. The park ranger pops down once in a while and makes sure there's no alcohol or really young kids getting in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Rotoath in Meath would be your best bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 little g

track in ratoath is excellent ,bmx is back in a big way.check out ratoath bmx on facebook also tweenty inch ireland ,all you need to no is in their and more ;) yee haa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

New indoor BMX track up in Cherry Orchard aswell.

http://bmxpursuits.ie/index.htm

Advertisement