Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything to do in Kilkenny?

Options
  • 02-01-2005 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Seriously! Is there anything to do bar walk around the place, drinking tea at intervals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

To be honest no, you have to make your own entertainemnt in Kilkenny. Personally I like talking to the squirells in the Castle Park but they never answer and people think it's odd. I plan on moving this year out of the fair medieval city with its three medieval buildings. Actually I like the history so I jest. No kilkenny is indeed boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

pfft the drinking and women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

As I feared. Today, 3 January 2005, was a listless bank holiday Monday in Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

why do pubs close so early on christmas eve in kk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Nothing at all to do here except laugh at the state of the hen/stags from Dublin making a show of themselves. we need a metal night here so I dont have to endure ****ty pop music every time I venture into the happenin' environs of the venue langtons or neros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

can't all the people postign here of nothing to do not decide among themselves on ..doing something

nah too much effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Could do that, but what happens if you meet e-people for real and you end up hating their guts inside of a few minutes?

yeah. true. there are very few people i care for in this town. just a few i went to school with, and workmates

jesus, I thought it was a friendly enough old place. I guess there is a problem of meeting e people, not liking them and then seeing them suddenly around constantly. The e people I do kow from Kilkeny are sound (mostly) and I've done the "getting together" thing in Dublin with friends offline a few times, some are so so different. But then a subject to bitch about, = something. Some were/are cool and became good mates you could rely on to past a few hours easily with.

We could all go somewhere close to a webcafe (Harkins lol) and then run into one of the web cafes to either complain/bitch/grade the others etc.

Or be devious and send some one else as you, maintaining anonymity and all that.

Personally when I'm bored of the place just wish my more "intelligent" friends were local rather than out in Paulstown, Inistioge and the like; mostly I'd get a wish to go to a good movie with good/intelligent reviewing of same over a pint afterwards.

LOL I lead a sad life, but then my superhero/messianic duties take up so much of my time

• Advertisement

you drink in Harkins? i thought that was a dirty old man pub, but then again, i tend not to drink in Kilkenny, as i despise all the Dubs that are around. Used to hang around Maggies till they turned it into a gay bar with ignorant fu*kers as bouncers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I tried to get into Harkin's on Xmas Eve. My brother and his gf were in there. I couldn't get in passed the door. The place was absolutely jammed. Which was a bit weird.

Nope I don't drink in Harkins, i rarely drink in town. Mentioned it because two webcafes in the very near vicinity. When Ihave drunk there i found it a reasoable, even nice place, never noticed it as an old mans pub as the age seemed mixed from a generation almost belowe mine to above.

And nice pints as I remember.

Maggies is a gay bar ? I need to get out more. Never really liked the place anyways. And can't say I've had a single bad experience with bouncers ever in Kilkenny. other than having the "wrong shoes" on, and even then allowed to slip in and find my mates to tell them the story .

Right now its a very wet windy grey place grrrrr

Ah yea I rem, used go to Harkins to meet my gay buddy. ironic :cool:

its not technically a gay bar, i used it as a derogotary term, to describe what the new owners have done to it. the bouncers there are extremely extremely strict.they wouldnt let me in cos they "didnt know me".

Recent conversation at Maggies with the bouncer:

BOUNCER - Sorry lads, regulars only tonight.

US - But we have been coming here on an off for years. How long you been working here?

BOUNCER - This is my first night.

US - So how can you tell who is a regular?

BOUNCER - *confused look*

spot on, word for word, what happened me two weeks ago, the fu**ers

using gay as a derogatory term ? enlightened

the bouncer dialogue is very funny

I don't mean the situation, but u semeed to have attemted intelligent conversation, even applied an argument.

using gay as a derogatory term ? enlightened

Have to agree with you there...

Just cause they improved the seating doesn't mean it's a gay bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Do I live in the same city?

A so they changed the seating ?
    With my limited knowledge, that would be a move away from being a gay bar if anything. Some places you are just so happy you can't see what your sitting on in daylight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

mick_irl wrote:
    Recent conversation at Maggies with the bouncer:

BOUNCER - Sorry lads, regulars only tonight.

US - But we have been coming here on an off for years. How long you been working here?

BOUNCER - This is my first night.

US - So how can you tell who is a regular?

BOUNCER - *confused look*

:p:p:p

i was in a bad mood that day. what i really meant was that the pink lights are awful, the staff arent the nice grumpy folk they once were and the bouncers have attitude problems. nothing against gays, have gay friends and all that...been to the george...yes thats what the pink lights reminded me of...the george, hence gay. again sorry for using derogatory

Advertisement