Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silent hill 4 : the room (need help)

Options
  • 02-01-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

sh4watchfulness2zj.th.jpg

I'm stuck in the subway (see above) - everytime I click to open the door at the kings line, I get the message "watching placard" but then nothing happens at all. the entire game stops - it doesnt freeze because it would say "not responding" in the task manager; however I can only alt-delete out of the game.

I'm clueless as to whats causing this. I cant move, I cant exit the game, I cant even go to the main menu.

anyone know whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

www.gamefaqs.com is your best friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

I did that, heres a quote:
    Then go up the stairs, check out the scene, and take the plate off the door.
    Enter the door for a cutscene. Remember the number you see.
    The problem is that I cant do anything at all after I read the placard. The game stops doing anything, it wont even let me go to the main menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

That very same thing happened to me too. I was using a crack for the game at the time. There is a cut-scene directly following your action to open the door, and the program needs to read something off the disc at that moment.

So when I used the original disc, it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

Wow, I posted this a long time ago.

anyway. Your right, the cause was a crack. I had to use the cd in the end; which was a bitter disapointment because I wanted to bring the game around with my other games which I keep on a portable HDD - its easier than carrying a ton of disks.

Advertisement