Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Another Firefox Question (sorry)

• 02-01-2005 6:50pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are there anybody else having problems with the bandwidth tester that come with firefox. I was using it with no problems up to a couple of days ago. Now when I try and run it is just freezes up and then closes any firefox windows I have open.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Bandwidth Tester? I didn't know Firefox had one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah - elaborate on this bandwidth tester of yours...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

plazzTT wrote:
    Bandwidth Tester? I didn't know Firefox had one.

Sorry guys should have enclosed a link

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&id=178

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just to let anyone that was remotely interested in this thread. The bandwidth tester is now working fine again. It must have been a problem with the tester itself, as there has been a newer version of it released today and all is fine again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've a firefox question,

Is there any way of turning off the auto complete feature in firefox, I just find it anoying and have searched there help index but can't find anything that will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

TIPPTOP wrote:
    I've a firefox question,

Is there any way of turning off the auto complete feature in firefox, I just find it anoying and have searched there help index but can't find anything that will do it.
    Tools > Options > Privacy > Saved Form Information. Untick the box there.

Tried that but it doesn't seem to work for the address bar, any other suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

tools > options > privicy... expand history and type 0 into the "remember visited pages" text box.

that might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did my solution work TIPP?

That worked all right, I'm new to firefox just wondering is there a highlight button or an extention available to highlight words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TIPPTOP wrote:
    That worked all right, I'm new to firefox just wondering is there a highlight button or an extention available to highlight words.
    What do you mean? As opposed to double-clicking on them?

Or are you looking to highlight all occurences of a word on a page?

To highlight all occurences of a word on a page,

Thats the one used find it very handy when researching things, any posible downloads to get it apart from a tool bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Look at Advanced Highlighter Button, a Firefox extension.
    (In Firefox, click Tools/Extensions/Get More Extensions ... Search Tools)
    https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Linux&category=Search%20Tools&numpg=10&id=191
    Available from http://membres.lycos.fr/pcdingo/

A screenshot of the extension showed loads of words highlighted on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

TIPPTOP wrote:
    To highlight all occurences of a word on a page

Just "Ctrl+F" search for the word then click the highlight option

This is also found by Edit then Find on this page...

Thanks for that,
    Their should be a sticky for FIREFOX that answers all these questions as more people turn to firefox. I was persuaded last week by the article in the Irish Independant to install it. And I ain't going back to IE

Advertisement