Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mocks

• 02-01-2005 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

So is anyone nervous? I can't say I am really, do they all start the same time? Mine are starting at the end of this month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Mine are starting on the 31st alright. It's annoying that they're so early, because I haven't got the courses finished for... most of my subjects, or even nearly finished, so it's not a good indicator of whatever. Almost a waste of exercise, I know I'm going to go in incapable of answering half the questions.... why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

eugh, stupid teachers keep not teaching us enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

mine start on the 27th and ive not studied one bit, feel like ****
    im in st. macdara's, templeogue

I guess we just have to cram then? pfft, not like there's anything else to be doing really, you think they'll give homework when we go back?

ah yeah, teachers are cruel bastards(hope thats not bleeped out)

• Advertisement

heheh, bleeped....ffs I'm too easily amused to be doing mostly honours.

i do pass maths and science, soon enuf pass irish, was honours everytin last year but just nevr bothered to study. Im ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I do pass maths and science too, I've no problem with Irish cos I went to an Irish primary school. Science and Maths suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Why bother worrying about them? They're only there so you know the layout of the paper, and to know your timing.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

your own fault man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

ha, all you people worrying about mocks.... of course you don't know any better. Your results will come back disappointing, as a way to scare you into doing the very small amount of study you require. And timing is nothing to worry about. I finished every exam at least 30mins early in the jc.....

Disappointing results don't work on me. I just go "meh, I tried, I failed, now to live my life out as a penniless artist in the gutters..." and study even less.

mp3guy wrote:
    ha, all you people worrying about mocks.... of course you don't know any better. Your results will come back disappointing, as a way to scare you into doing the very small amount of study you require. And timing is nothing to worry about. I finished every exam at least 30mins early in the jc.....

Even history and English paper 2? Weirdo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I was the same actually. One of the english exams I only left about 20/15 minutes early. That was the one with personal writing...Paper 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

In my mocks I finished with about an hour to go, but thats what they're there for, to fix your timing, after that my timing was grand. Its not so much about the results, more about the layout and timing.

Good luck

Even history and English paper 2? Weirdo.

Well, are you really suprised? You know what work at school I do is like... I've no idea why it's works out so well...

That is so like you mp3guy, you nerd.

Rozabeez wrote:
    That is so like you mp3guy, you nerd.
    What? I'ts not my fault i'm good at everything. I honestly don't try... I do the least I possibly can...

• Advertisement

Hush you..with your perfect 100% ECDL result!

The person who copied off me got higher than me!

*cries*

I'm hilariously behind on far too many subjects but am not nervous. The mocks, I have been told and am inclined to believe my sources, are mainly for time management purposes, less so about the actual results.

It'd be nice if I was anywhere even half way finished the maths course, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Don't worry about the mocks, they don't matter. Actually the Junior Cert doesn't matter in general. Don't worry about it.

No, the JC had no affect on my life, teachers tried to make it out as important at the time but I just said it wasn't and didn't study for them and didn't care. I failed 3 exams and the day results came out principal came in and told us here are the results, they don't matter after spending a year saying how important they are. The mocks are there to get you used to pressure of main exam, the JC is only there to get you used to pressure of LC which is the only exam in 14 years or so of school you will do which matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cooker3 wrote:
    the JC had no affect on my life
    You are not everybody. The JC is important in it's own way. I agree it is not the be all and end all, but it does set certain perameters and indicators for your future.

Victor wrote:
    You are not everybody. The JC is important in it's own way. I agree it is not the be all and end all, but it does set certain perameters and indicators for your future.

Could you name me some because I have yet to hear of it?
    I am not trying to undermine anybody doing it, good luck to everybody but just saying don't panic about it or get too worked up over it.

• Advertisement

Wait... wasn't this already discussed in another thread?

The Maths mocks are a bitch alright. Especially since there's two papers..*mutters*

I failed the mocks, but passed the junior (in maths, not the whole thing) 'cause it was so much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Higher has more modules and goes into those modules in greater depth. Check with you maths teacher for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Is there any room left on the, soooo far behind in maths band-wagon because in my state i could drive the feckin thing :D

Are grinds any use for maths?

• Advertisement

Yeah, in Pass the formulas slope, distance etc. are given on your paper, other formulas as well. In honours, different parts of maths are gone into in much more detail.

The LCVP is an additional optional subject with a maximum amount of points of 70. It replaces computers and SPHE (In my school) and is a damn good idea. It is NOT connected connected to the LCA or your JC results

And the ECDL is as easy as pissing tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Victor wrote:

The JC isn't important whatsoever. It has no relevance to anything. What indicators does it have to your future?

It decides what levels you're allowed to do for the LC. If you fail JC higher maths, for instance, there is no way in hell you'll be allowed to LC higher maths. Which means that you can't get as much points for maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Raphael wrote:
    I failed JC higher maths, so there was no way in hell i'll be allowed to LC higher maths.

I am stunned, the Jc is piss easy and not even worth rubbish :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: So stop your dopey moanin. Get it thru yer THICK skulls ya DOPES :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote:
    Could you name me some because I have yet to hear of it?
    I am not trying to undermine anybody doing it, good luck to everybody but just saying don't panic about it or get too worked up over it.

I'm doing honours english, if I don't do well in the jc, I may end up doing pass for the lc, if that happens to me then my chances becoming a journalist are messed up.

Raphael wrote:
    you can't get as much points for maths

*ahem* as many.

sorry, it was bothering me, this won't happen again.

Wow, you're so cool, you can change what's written between quote tags and insult people over the internet. I want to be just like you when I grow up

In the words of TS Eliot: Victor, ban this fscking muppet/troll/Annoyed first year

Edit: Point of interest, I got an A in junior cert maths. You know, A's. Like in Are, or retArd

*Edits for clairty*

erm...he's not saying that to me. But thanks for the support :D!

He called me a fool...for calling the year I'm in TY?

Victor shall have to ban him.

It's funny how the forum explodes with activity once a troll comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I prefer not to be called a troll. There seems to be some sort of mixup, I will be doing my mocks on 31 January I am not in first year like mentioned above.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement