Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online trading

Options
  • 02-01-2005 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I want to open an online share trading account. Can someone tell me if there are any Irish sites that are good value? I've seen U.S. sites like etrade with very cheap trades but Irish sites all seem to be about €30 per trade plus annual fees! I'll probably be doing 3-4 low value trades a year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Sharewatch do trades at 0.3% commission plus annual charge. Davy's are at 0.75% plus A.C. and the others are dearer still.

I'm using Davy's to be on the 'safer' side -- S'watch is a little Ryanair-ish.

The UK companies are a lot cheaper and give 'per trade' rates, which makes sense. Irish companies probably don't have the volume to give decent rates and stick with commission percentages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭logonapr

Why must it be Irish based?

I use internaxx - http://www.internax.com/English/index.asp

Best value I've found to date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I've heard about Internaxx - it's Luxembourg based isn't it?

Trades seem very reasonable compared to Davy! Do you get caught on currency change costs or sending bank drafts etc. , lodging certificates, ?

Do you keep your money in Euros or Sterling etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I'm just saying "Irish based" to be on the safe side, if anything goes wrong.

Advertisement