Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I can't give you a feature of glacial erosion (did the sea instead) but I can give you a feature of marine erosion - A sea cave, arch, stump, stack

What is an amoral person? (I hope I spelt that right)

yeah it's from religion (which i hate doing)
    It's a person who has no sense of right or wrong and can't tell the difference e.g a person who has a mental disability

An isotope is a different atom of the same chemical element (if that makes sense)e.g. carbon-12 and carbon-13 are isotopes of carbon.

What are the steps involved in water treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

This thread has made me realise how unprepared I am. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Oh yes, religion! Biggest waste of time ever - I get tests and homework and everything.

Em...
    Screening
    Filtration
    Sanding [actually not sure if this is the right word]
    Chlorination
    Flouridation
    It's screening, sedimentation (a chemical is added to cause particles to clump together and fall to the bottom of the tank), filtration, chlorination, flouridation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

jumpguy wrote: »
    It's screening, sedimentation (a chemical is added to cause particles to clump together and fall to the bottom of the tank), filtration, chlorination, flouridation.

I don't think sedimentation was in my science book...but it's in my locker now with the rest of my books :D I'll check the brother's one later. Well, I was close enough.
    So what's the question now?

• Advertisement

That's it. I think you're getting "Sanding" from the fact filtration is passing water through gravel and sand to get out particles.

What is the formula to find the lenght of a line (maths, co-ordinate geometry)? <<< That's actually in the log tables now...ahh you kids are lucky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

DKZ wrote: »
    This thread has made me realise how unprepared I am. :D
    I second that completly.. Maybe I should study :\

I remember doing them I just don't remember the answers :P Actually its really bad because for question about water treatment I could tell you the colours in the diagram and where I was sitting for it and for this maths one I remember we saw it on the projector in a different room to usual... The crap I remember from it!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

That's it. I think you're getting "Sanding" from the fact filtration is passing water through gravel and sand to get out particles.

What is the formula to find the lenght of a line (maths, co-ordinate geometry)? <<< That's actually in the log tables now...ahh you kids are lucky.

A1-A2 over B1-B2 ?

Probably wrong.

Name 1 poem each by Seamus Heaney and William Wordsworth.

Seamus Heaney I can name lots of his poems =)
    My favourite, Digging.
    And Wordsworth.... Daffodils?

Name 2 inventors and their inventions during the industrial revolution.

Yup, that's where I got it from...seriously though, I'm almost positive sedimentation wasn't in my science book, I feel like I'd remember that word...why, oh why did I leave it in my locker? :D The brother is asleep now, not a good idea to wake him...do you have Exploring Science? Sorry for going on about it, but this is really annoying me now.

I don't know about the Industrial Revolution, our teacher was out for a month and a sub came in and did that chapter with us so I can't remember a thing from it...I remember something about a steam engine...

Jeez, this is one pointless post! Well, that's what I do ;)

EDIT: I just found what was in my Science book after a quick google - Settling was what was in Exploring Science.

http://jcsciencerevision.googlepages.com/water

That'd be a handy enough website for notes...if I was bothered enough :rolleyes:

Sorry for annoying everyone. Carry on as if I was never here :D

• Advertisement

EDIT: I just found what was in my Science book after a quick google - Settling was what was in Exploring Science.

http://jcsciencerevision.googlepages.com/water

That'd be a handy enough website for notes...if I was bothered enough :rolleyes:

Sorry for annoying everyone. Carry on as if I was never here :D
    They both mean the same thing. :)

We had Science Today I remember, big huge yoke of a book. They clearly never thought about how much space it took up in schoolbags and the weight of it. On top of that, about 75% of it wasn't needed - glad it's not a widely used book.

To keep this on topic, if the slope of a line is 1/2, what's the slope of a line perpendicular to this line?

Oh right, I must be screwed for science :rolleyes:

We haven't done that in Maths, I think...all I remember is the first year stuff with all the formulae.

Exploring Science is fairly big too...I always try to predict what homework we'll get and do it in class so I won't have to carry the book around all day [I always forget when I go to the lockers before last class]...that's probably why I'm so bad at science...

To keep this on topic, if the slope of a line is 1/2, what's the slope of a line perpendicular to this line?

Don't have a clue, but I'd guess 1/2.I remember our last maths teacher going on and on and on about it but no one knew what was going on and if you asked her a question she'd give out to you for not understanding.You could just say one thing wrong and she'd go on for a whole 40 mins while you could have a good old sleep.

Thank god we've got a new teacher now, I don't know how we would have survived her.

If I got that question right here's the next one :
    Why has tourism become so popular in the last few years?

Don't have a clue, but I'd guess 1/2.I remember our last maths teacher going on and on and on about it but no one knew what was going on and if you asked her a question she'd give out to you for not understanding.You could just say one thing wrong and she'd go on for a whole 40 mins while you could have a good old sleep.

Thank god we've got a new teacher now, I don't know how we would have survived her.

If I got that question right here's the next one :
    Why has tourism become so popular in the last few years?
    No coz perpendicular you turn upside down so my guess is 2/1 but I'm not certain if theres more after that.
    People in recent times have more money to spend on discretionary things. Also going away is alot easier in recent times with booking available online and flights bringing you straight to an area. Other areas also have natural and artificul attractions... And so on :P

Name an inventor and their invention during the industrial revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

James Watts - Steam engine :D

Geography: What is desertification and name one country severely affected by it.

Desertification is the loss of land to the desert eg. Mali

Name the forms of business ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

-2/1

Change Sign, Turn Upside down.

Yeah, and if it's parellel it's the exact same slope (so it'd be 1/2).

Go on with Cookiemonster's question...

I gotta leave the JC forum...

Theres a public limited company?? Is that state owned companies or have I just made this up?? :\

Write a few lines about yourself in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm so screwed for french :(

Why do earthquakes occur?

Emma - if you want to get good at French you could go to a French College. Its run by Euro Languages Colleges and its really really good. I went going into 3rd year now and I find I am so ahead of everyone else now. And its actually not that hard to speak French once you get into it and make a bit of an effort. Seriously, you should try it :)

Earthquakes occur when plates collide.

What is a consumer and list 2 responsibilities of a consumer?

A consumer buys goods/services for themselves.

Reproduce, Excretion, Respiration, Movement, Growth, Sensitvity and Feeding?

Name one of the conquistadors, where their from and the area they took over.

• Advertisement

Hernando Cortes, from Spain, took over aztec empire (Mexico)

Define force.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

Hernando Cortes, from Spain, took over aztec empire (Mexico)

Define force.

Force is mass X acceleration.

Briefly explain the preparation of oxygen.

lu

Find the slope of L if L = x-2y-3=0

deise_girl wrote: »
    lu

Find the slope of L if L = x-2y-3=0

y=mx+c

2y=-x+3

m= -1

The slope of L is = -1.. (I think?) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

y=mx+c

2y=-x+3

m= -1

as a question

y=mx+c

2y=-x+3

m= -1

You're right at the second line. However, you must get y on it's own by dividing across by 2! It's y = mx+c, y is on it's own.

x-2y-3 = 0

y = mx + c

2y = x - 3

Divide by 2 across to get y on it's own now

y = 1/2x - 3/2

m = 1/2

Since there's no question going, give the chemical used and colour change for protein tests (biology, if you've covered that section yet).

What way are yee doing it?? I use -a/b formula.. Still got 1/2 though.

Amm is it copper sulphate and sodium oxide?? Or something? :o:pac:

Name three ways heat travels.

deise_girl wrote: »
    What way are yee doing it?? Use use -a/b formula.. Still got 1/2 though.

Amm is it copper sulphate and sodium oxide?? Or something? :o:pac:

Name three ways heat travels.

Conduction, convection and radiation.

In physics, what do LED and LDR stand for?

Light-Emitting Diode
    Light Dependent Resistor

In Chemistry, explain the terms 'solute' , 'solvent' and 'solution' and what is a (i)concentrated solution and (ii) a dilute solution

Right off my Science test :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

A solute is what is dissolved
    A solvent is what it is dissolved into
    A solution is a mixture of both of the above

A concentrated solution is one which can-not have any more solute added to it, and a dilute can have more added.

Hhhmmm...
    Technology/IT question (Business Studies and/or Technology)

What do the following stand for;
    RAM
    VDU
    IT
    PCB

And name one type of geartrain, and one other type of mechanism :)

Advertisement