Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Liability which is limited.

Who were the Christian Brothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Well limited liability is if a company goes bankrupt, they will only lose the amount of capital they put into the company. Private limited companies have limited liability.
    And I don't know the proper answer for the next one, continue with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

the were a religious organisation of monks set up by Edmund Ignatius rice... they ran hedge schools......

what is an ionic bond ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hurler29

its when one element gives another element an electron and they bond.

whats a footloose industry??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

can be situated in a number of areas because it is not tied to one locational factor eg computer assembly plant

what was the name of Hitlers plan to invede the Soviet Union?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Operation Barbarossa

What was Gerrymandering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Rigging of elections. ie: giving Protestants houses as you need a house to vote, or giving up to 6 votes to people with a number of properties. As protestans were more likely to own house(s), this resulted in areas with 60%Catholics being ruled by Protestants.

Well for the time that's in it:

Name 3 trade unions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 oisink64

Gerry mandering is the changing of electoral boundaries to suit a certain political party.

Complete this formula:
    2HCl + CaCO3 -> ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hurler29

blue colbat chloride paper if it turns pink theres water vapour.

in WWII what was Pluto??

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lissacahaluke

It was the operation of underground pipelines for carrying oil for the brits.

What is a catylic converter?

• Advertisement

It breaks down larger molecules of oil into smaller ones that are more valuable.

What is Atheism?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It breaks down larger molecules of oil into smaller ones that are more valuable.

Is that from your book? That is not what a catalytic converter is!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

It was the operation of underground pipelines for carrying oil for the brits.

What is a catylic converter?

A catalytic converter is fitted in cars that "converts" harmful gases and fumes into less harmful ones.

What is Atheism?

Atheism is the belief that there is no God.

What was the name of the Spanish fascist involved in the Spanish Civil War in the 1930's, supported by Hitler and Mussolini?

DKZ wrote: »
    A catalytic converter is fitted in cars that "converts" harmful gases and fumes into less harmful ones.

Yeah I knew it was wrong but I went with it anyway.I definitley remember learning something catalytic last week but oh well, I suppose I should really have learn that properly:D.

Could not tell you the answer to yours though, but I think it's General Franco?

If it is then what is a budget?

Yeah I knew it was wrong but I went with it anyway.I definitley remember learning something catalytic last week but oh well, I suppose I should really have learn that properly:D.

Could not tell you the answer to yours though, but I think it's General Franco?

If it is then what is a budget?

Yup, General Franco is correct. :)

A budget is an estimation of your income and expenditure over a period of time.

Hmm, maybe an English one: What is a juxtaposition?

Yup, General Franco is correct. :)

A budget is an estimation of your income and expenditure over a period of time.

Hmm, maybe an English one: What is a juxtaposition?

Huh??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Huh??????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

It's a poetic technique. :p

It's the same as personfication

Give a brief decription of a character (and the role they play) in a play/drama you have studied

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

giggsy664 wrote: »

Give a brief decription of a character (and the role they play) in a play/drama you have studied

Hmmm, no way am I doing an exam-length answer.
    Right, sure I'll do Shylock from the Merchant of Venice. He's really the central character in the play, he is a Jew and a mizer and he values wealth above all else, even his daughter. He shows little mercy to his enemies but we ultimately feel sympathy for Shylock because of his situation and the way Jews are treated by Christians, although his actions generally reduce our sympathy. His role is to lend Antonio and Bassiano the three thousand ducats, set up the bond and be more than happy to take Antoni's pound of flesh when the bond cannot be repaid, but alas he is outwitted and forced to give up his wealth and is left with next to nothing. Oh yeah, and his daughter went off with the Christian Lorenzo in a subplot, and he's fairly mad although he's more angry that she took some of his precious ducats.
    There we go,, sure we'll stay in English.
    What is
    (i) onamatopoeia [probably haven't spelt that right)
    (ii) Pathetic fallacy
    (iii) metaphor

• Advertisement

giggsy664 wrote: »

It's not? It's a seeming contradiction that is actually true.

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Hmmm, no way am I doing an exam-length answer.
    Right, sure I'll do Shylock from the Merchant of Venice. He's really the central character in the play, he is a Jew and a mizer and he values wealth above all else, even his daughter. He shows little mercy to his enemies but we ultimately feel sympathy for Shylock because of his situation and the way Jews are treated by Christians, although his actions generally reduce our sympathy. His role is to lend Antonio and Bassiano the three thousand ducats, set up the bond and be more than happy to take Antoni's pound of flesh when the bond cannot be repaid, but alas he is outwitted and forced to give up his wealth and is left with next to nothing. Oh yeah, and his daughter went off with the Christian Lorenzo in a subplot, and he's fairly mad although he's more angry that she took some of his precious ducats.
    There we go,, sure we'll stay in English.
    What is
    (i) onamatopoeia [probably haven't spelt that right)
    (ii) Pathetic fallacy
    (iii) metaphor

(i) A word that makes the same sound as it is.. for example, "bang".. that one's hard to describe.
    (ii) No idea, sorry.
    (iii) A comparison without using "like" etc.

What is Pythagoras' theorem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Moi!

What is Pythagoras' theorem?

I know this!! We were doing this today! :D

The square of the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.

In geography what is irrigation??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

irrigation is the artificial watering of land what is latent heat?

It's not? It's a seeming contradiction that is actually true.

Oh my bad. Go that mixed up with anthromorphism.
    Sorry :)

it is the time when you heating a substance that the substance changes state but the tempeture does not change eg... 34degress 35 degress 36 degress 36 degrees 37 degrees

stubstance changes state at 36 degrees

name 2 differences between a vein and an artery and name the largest vein and artery in the body ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

it is the time when you heating a substance that the substance changes state but the tempeture does not change eg... 34degress 35 degress 36 degress 36 degrees 37 degrees

stubstance changes state at 36 degrees

name 2 differences between a vein and an artery and name the largest vein and artery in the body ?

Veins have valves & they have thinner walls. Largest Artery is the Aorta, largest Vein is the Pulmonary Vein?

State Hooke's Law.

I don't even know why I'm doing this, I did the JC in 2005 but I'm sill subscribed to this thread.

almost right the largest vein is the vena cava

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

andrew wrote: »
    Veins have valves & they have thinner walls. Largest Artery is the Aorta, largest Vein is the Pulmonary Vein?

State Hooke's Law.

I don't even know why I'm doing this, I did the JC in 2005 but I'm sill subscribed to this thread.
    The extension of a spring is directly proportional to the mass applied to it. The largest vein in the Vena Cava.

Did my JC this year...still post in this thread. How'd you get on in the LC?

List the metals in order of reactivity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ChasingDreams

jumpguy wrote: »
    List the metals in order of reactivity...

Calcium
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Copper

Who were the British and German Generals who fought at the Battle of El Alamein?

Advertisement