Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Yeah. Sketch the outline of the object onto graph paper. Count all the boxes which are fully covered and the boxes which are more than half covered.

What is an isotope?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

:eek: We have to know that?
    There isn't a formula to find the area (surface area) of an irregular shape. It wouldn't be irregular if you could. They meant volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

is that the one for finding the area of something like your hand?
    if it is, you trace the outline onto graph paper and count the full squares and the half sqares and find a total :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

That doesn't really find the area though? :confused: I mean, you can't get the surface area of it by just doing that?

An isotope is an element with the same number of protons but a different number of neutrons/same atomic number and different mass number. Actually should I say element or atom...or pluralise it. Hmmmmm.

State Hooke's law.

Slow Show wrote: »
    State Hooke's law.

Hookes law states that the extension of spring is directly proportionate to the force applied
    :)

Name 3 benefits of including fish in your diet. :)

• Advertisement

An isotope is an element with the same number of protons but a different number of neutrons/same atomic number and different mass number. Actually should I say element or atom...or pluralise it. Hmmmmm.

State Hooke's law.

Isotopes are atoms of the same element that have a different number of neutrons.

The extension of a spring is directly proportional to the force applied to it.

What is bronze made from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Desire. wrote: »
    1. Drought.
    2. Failure of crops.
    3. Famine.

Explain how to find the area of an irregularly shaped object. [Science]

Put 100cm cubed or so of water into a sorcóir gradaithe (don't know the englsih) Place the irregular shaped object into it. Record how much the level of the water increases.

What was Marshall aid? How did it help Ireland? (actions taken by the first inter-party government)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Isotopes are atoms of the same element that have a different number of neutrons.

The extension of a spring is directly proportional to the force applied to it.

What is bronze made from?

CuSn - Copper and Tin

Marshall Aid was the money given from the US to European countries to help their economies recover after World War II and to resist the spread of communism.

What language were manuscripts written in, in Ancient Irish monasteries?

Marshall Aid was the money given from the US to European countries to help their economies recover after World War II and to resist the spread of communism.

What language were manuscripts written in, in Ancient Irish monasteries?

Latin :)

List 3 ways in which overfishing is being prevented and 3 reasons why overfishing occurs in Irish waters :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ohdechertig

Prevented :
    1. Fishing quotas
    2. Laws about net size
    3. Fish are given more time to reproduce.

1. Super Trawlers
    2. Motorised winches
    3. Sonar equipment

What is the purpose of ratio analysis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 DarkEagleEye

I hope this is financial ratio analysis :rolleyes:
    Ratio analysis is used to evaluate a company's financial and operating status. It's usually used in comparative terms, i.e. current year as compared with prior year(s).It it used to provide information about a company's solvency and profitability.:pac:

Now a question. Solve 4(x+2)-3(2x-3)=x-1
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

x is 6

what was the 'hot line' in relation to history :)

Was the hot-line the telephone line that connected Washington and Moscow after the Cuban Missile Crisis to prevent futher near disasters happening? I need to study tht again lol:pac:

correct :)

i like the cuban missile crisis just because i played bleack ops.:p
    its probably the reason i passed my mocks :D
    u wana ask me a question?

Sure umm.....

Lets see. State three differences between ionic and covalent bonding.:cool::D:D:D

hmmmm
    i guess i know wat i have to study :P

lol if ya give up ill tell you.:pac:

Its hard.Nuff said.

Sure umm.....

Lets see. State three differences between ionic and covalent bonding.:cool::D:D:D

1) Ionic bonds are formed from the attraction between positive and negative atoms, covalent bonds are formed by the sharing of electrons.
    2) Ionic bonds are made up of crystal lattices, covalent bonds aren't, this means ionic substances are crystalline, covalent bonds are not.
    3)Ionic bonds conduct electricity, covalent bonds dont :)

hmmm

name two features formed by deposition, and two formed by erosion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Deposition:
    1. Levees
    2. Sand Spit

Erosion:
    1. Interlocking Spurs
    2. Cliffs

(Didnt know whether you wanted ones for river or sea, so i did one of each)

Give two consequences of the Agricultural Revolution on the Industrial Revolution.

• Advertisement

1) More food could be produced for the growing population in cities, and this caused a population explosion.
    2) Small farmers who could not meet the cost of enclosure and labourers who were replaced by new machinery had to migrate to industrial towns and cities to find work.

What is a club financed by?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 YMAT64EVA

What is a club financed by?

Fundraisers e.g. discos
    Subscriptions

hmmmmmmmmm, let me think.......name one poem and story in irish with a sad theme and a one poem and story in irish with a happy theme

YMAT64EVA wrote: »
    Fundraisers e.g. discos
    Subscriptions

hmmmmmmmmm, let me think.......name one poem and story in irish with a sad theme and a one poem and story in irish with a happy theme

Sad Poem: Subh Milis.
    Happy Poem: Ar Saoire.

Happy Story: Ag Dul Siar.
    Sad Story: An tÁdh.

What is irrigation?

What is irrigation?
    The artificial watering of the land to produce crops etc.

I'm going to ask again because I want to know the answer myself and it wasn't what I was looking for last time. :p What do you include in the Financed By section of a Club Balance sheet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fabulousdiva

What is irrigation?

is the artificial watering on land to increase soils fertility and encourage plant growth.
    e.g central valley project

In history, what was the maypole?

I'm going to ask again because I want to know the answer myself and it wasn't what I was looking for last time. :p What do you include in the Financed By section of a Club Balance sheet?

retained earnings?? :P don'nt have a clue cus i am not gonna do the club a/c on paper 1:)

Accumulated Funds and then whatever Excess Income you have from the other account.

Ah yeah that rings a bell, thanks! I love club accounts when I realised I actually am able to do them last week. :) I love Business and it's predictability :)

And sorry, I don't have the foggiest notion of what a maypole is. :o A pole erected in May?:o

Ah yeah that rings a bell, thanks! I love club accounts when I realised I actually am able to do them last week. :) I love Business and it's predictability :)

And sorry, I don't have the foggiest notion of what a maypole is. :o A pole erected in May?:o

in the middle ages on the 1st of may the people of the village cut a tree and put it in the centre of town and danced around it. the tree was named the"maypole! :p

What is an anticyclone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kapmg

An area of High pressure , :)

Give me 5 main quotes from a studied novel ( of mice and men )

Advertisement