Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

That's exactly it, Question? :)
    Woops :L Ahm, an easy geography one! :D

What's an another name for the Population Cycle graph? (Apologies for an awfully awkwardly phrased question! :L)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Woops :L Ahm, an easy geography one! :D

What's an another name for the Population Cycle graph? (Apologies for an awfully awkwardly phrased question! :L)

Demographic Transition Model?

Demographic Transition Model?

Yup Go Again! :')

Yup Go Again! :')

Haha,
    History: Give a brief summary (4 lines :P) of how Hitler improved relations with Mussolini in the period 1920 - 1939

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Haha,
    History: Give a brief summary (4 lines :P) of how Hitler improved relations with Mussolini in the period 1920 - 1939

They formed the Rome-Berlin axis at some point in time. That'll do, it's been a while.

Describe freeze-thaw action?

*cries*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Uqw9hOq7

Slow Show wrote: »
    They formed the Rome-Berlin axis at some point in time. That'll do, it's been a while.

Describe freeze-thaw action?

*cries*

It occurs where temperature in an area goes above and below 0 degrees celsius and where there is precipitation.

First water seeps into a crack. Expands when cooled. This creates pressure and over time this repeats and weathers the rock. The debris created is called scree.

Question :
    Name 3 of the 6 states of matter.

Uqw9hOq7 wrote: »
    It occurs where temperature in an area goes above and below 0 degrees celsius and where there is precipitation.

First water seeps into a crack. Expands when cooled. This creates pressure and over time this repeats and weathers the rock. The debris created is called scree.

Question :
    Name 3 of the 6 states of matter.

Solid, Liquid and Gas :) Out curiosity what's the other three? I was only aware of the main three and plasma as the states of matter (I know dark mater and supersolids and stuff have been proposed but? :confused:)

Question - Business
    Explain the term Excess Policy?

Solid, Liquid and Gas :) Out curiosity what's the other three? I was only aware of the main three and plasma as the states of matter (I know dark mater and supersolids and stuff have been proposed but? :confused:)

Question - Business
    Explain the term Excess Policy?
    That came up on my mock and I had no idea
    It wasn't even in our chapter on insurance in my book haha

That came up on my mock and I had no idea
    It wasn't even in our chapter on insurance in my book haha
    It means that the insured has agreed to forego the first €150 of any compensation :rolleyes:

Explain the term Insurable Interest :)

It means that the insured has agreed to forego the first €150 of any compensation :rolleyes:

Explain the term Insurable Interest :)

You can only insure an item if you benefit from it's existence and suffer financially from it's loss. Eg, you can't insure your friends bike.

I knew that one :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Since it has halted i will propose a question

Q: Name + explain a device used for navigation used in the Age of Exploration

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Since it has halted i will propose a question

Q: Name + explain a device used for navigation used in the Age of Exploration

A compass, invented by the Chinese, contained a magnetic needle that pointed north. It was used on long journeys.

Explain the term collinear in maths....

sotisme wrote: »
    A compass, invented by the Chinese, contained a magnetic needle that pointed north. It was used on long journeys.

Explain the term collinear in maths....

I believe it describes a group (Or less) of points which lie on a line, not 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Since there is no question before this post, let's see ;).

What is the mass genocide of jews after World War 2 called? (Very easy question but people prob don't know what Genocide is) :).

Since there is no question before this post, let's see ;).

What is the mass genocide of jews after World War 2 called? (Very easy question but people prob don't know what Genocide is) :).
    hahahaha

Holocaust

What does Forward Bias mean in electronics?

We didn't do the electricity chapters in science yet or what ever subject you're talking about (; _ ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭chester3455

hahahaha

Holocaust

What does Forward Bias mean in electronics?
    That a diode is connected in such a way that it will conduct electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

What does benefit-in-kind mean in Business

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

Bluestrike wrote: »
    What does benefit-in-kind mean in Business

It's when you get paid in a non-cash way, like f.e. getting a van or something from your employer.

How is limestone weathered by rain water in geography.

It's when you get paid in a non-cash way, like f.e. getting a van or something from your employer.

How is limestone weathered by rain water in geography.

Rainwater contains Carbon Dioxide as this gas is naturally present in the air. Limestone is also called Calcium Carbonate. These 2 substances (carbon dioxide and calcium carbonate) react together, resulting in wear and the dissolving of the limestone.

Hmm, think that's it anyway, not 100% so please correct me if I'm wrong!

What is the difference between a Standing Order and a Direct Debit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Direct Debit is when your paying at different amounts on regular intervals, with a standing order your paying a set amount at regular intervals e.g with a direct debit you could pay 50 one month and 60 the next, with standing order you would pay the same amount with no changes.

What is CPI :) and what does it measure

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mr.turtle

Direct Debit is when your paying at different amounts on regular intervals, with a standing order your paying a set amount at regular intervals e.g with a direct debit you could pay 50 one month and 60 the next, with standing order you would pay the same amount with no changes.

What is CPI :) and what does it measure

CPI stands for consumer price index and it is the measure of inflation in Ireland.

What is the function of the large intestine in digestion?

mr.turtle wrote: »

CPI stands for consumer price index and it is the measure of inflation in Ireland.

What is the function of the large intestine in digestion?

The large intestine:
    Carries waste from small intestine to the bowel
    Allows water absorbtion from the waste
    It breaks down the food further

Tbh I'm not 100% if I'm right, please correct me if I'm not :)

What is:
    i) Abrasian
    ii) Attrition
    iii) Hydraulic action
    iii) Solution
    In terms or rivers?

I'm always mixing the first 3 up, anyone have any tips on how ro remember them?

1) The erosion of a rock when it hits other materials (Guess)

2) When two rocks erode or smoothen each other (Guess)

3) The power of the water in rivers and waves.

4) A material dissolved in water.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I haven't opened a geography book in weeks XD.

(SCIENCE) Why does Limewater turn milky white when placed in Carbon Dioxide? I love this equation XD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 scburke2010

Positive test for Carbon Dioxide

Got a hard one for ye...

Science - Define the moment of a force.

Positive test for Carbon Dioxide

Got a hard one for ye...

Science - Define the moment of a force.

Is it:
    The force in newtons X perpindicular distance between the force and the fulcrum?
    :)

sotisme wrote: »
    Is it:
    The force in newtons X perpindicular distance between the force and the fulcrum?
    :)
    Yup!

What was the Island called where Mussolini sent people who were against him? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daggermouth

Yup!

What was the Island called where Mussolini sent people who were against him? :)

Sicily?

Sicily?
    Lipari Islands ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Daggermouth

Lipari Islands ;).

Aw damn. 2 examples of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks

Advertisement