Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

The flow of electrons in a body which is a bad conducter of electricity.

What's laten heat? (science) :rolleyes:

The heat used to change the state of a substance without raising the temperature (hidden heat)

Translate this common phrase into irish:

'I was on the pig's back'

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Bhí mé ar muin na muice. (I hate phrases that make no sense!)

Give the chemical and word equation for a Chemistry experiment you have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

A97 wrote: »
    Bhí mé ar muin na muice. (I hate phrases that make no sense!)

Give the chemical and word equation for a Chemistry experiment you have done.

Tiltration Experiment

Hydrochloric acid + sodium hydroxide ----> Water + Salt

Hcl + Na(OH) ----> H2O + NaCl

Define:
    a)Work
    b)Power
    c)Energy

(science)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Tiltration Experiment

Hydrochloric acid + sodium hydroxide ----> Water + Salt

Hcl + Na(OH) ----> H2O + NaCl

Define:
    a)Work
    b)Power
    c)Energy

(science)

Work = force x distance (Nm)
    Power = work over time (watts)
    Energy = ability to do work (joules)

3 reasons why a reconciliation statement is prepared

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Work = force x distance (Nm)
    Power = work over time (watts)
    Energy = ability to do work (joules)

Hate those things, most annoying things ever

• Advertisement

What subject is that?! :confused::confused::confused::confused: Religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

What subject is that?! :confused::confused::confused::confused: Religion?

Business, I'm fairly sure. I'm just not bothered to answer because it's a pain in the ass.

• You or the bank made a mistake in your/their records.
    • The statement was prepared near the end of the month (e.g. the 28th) and further activity took place in your account that month.
    • You received/sent a cheque that has not yet been lodged.
    Give the layouts of both formal and informal letters as well as reports. (English/Business Studies)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Reports
    Introduction
    Information
    Conclusion
    Recommendation

Informal writing
    Just your own address at the right hand side
    informal greeting Dear/Hello
    informal ending Bye/Lots of love

Formal writing
    address your sending to on the left hand side, your address on the right
    Keep to the topic that you're talking about
    If you use Dear Sir/Madam you must sign off using yours faithfully
    If you use the persons name you sign of Yours Sincerely

What Actions led to WW2 (detailed answer)?

sotisme wrote: »
    The cause of the cold war was that after WW2, two countries emerged which were both very powerful. An arms race bagam between them, nuclear weapons were mass produced and there was extreme tension.

(Is that alright as an an answer?!)

Usa- John F Kennedy
    Ussr- Nikita Khruschov

List 3 results of american revolution (the one with washington

You're answer isn't really completely right. The leader of the Usa was actually Harry Truman and USSR was Joseph Stalin
    It started because they had 2 different systems in the countries for example the USSR were communists while the USA favoured a free capitalist economy.
    Another reason was World ambitions, Each country wanted to expand their control and
    thirdly because fear, each feared that the other country was secretly trying to destroy them.
    NB it's referred to as a Cold War to distinguish between a Hot War in which countries participate in armed conflict.

• Advertisement

Reports
    What Actions led to WW2 (detailed answer)?

-Hitler wrote a book called "Mein Kemp" which stated that he wanted Lebernsraum(living space) for the suprior German race. He also stated that Jews were evil and should be exterminated.

-Hitler achieved anschlus(bad spelling XD) between Germany and Austria in 1937. He also wanted the sudentanland.

-In 1938(?), the Munich Conference was held between democractic and fascist leaders (Nevill Chamberlin, Mussolini, Hitler and Deladie). It was agreed that Hitler could have the Sudentandland if he promised not to want anymore land. This was Nevill's policy of appeasement.

-In the summer of 1939(?), the Nazi-Soviet pact of steel was announced to the world, this meant Germany and Russia will not go to war for 10 years. However, it also meant that Poland will be divided between the two nations.

-September 1st 1939, German invaded Poland. Blitzkreig tactics were used which consitted of panzers, infantry and aircraft. Within 6 weeks(?), Poland fell.

-Sepetmber 3rd 1939, France and Britain declare war against Germany.

-No fighting took place between the allied powers and the axis between September 1939 and May 1940. This is know as the Phoney War.

**I didn't even revise this section in weeks, so this is from my head :rolleyes:**

Name one type of plastic and state two properties of that plastic. (science):pac:

polythene, can be low density or high density.
    Low density polythene is soft and flexible
    High density polythene is hard and rigid

Ok Maths what does the gradient of a line mean?

polythene, can be low density or high density.
    Low density polythene is soft and flexible
    High density polythene is hard and rigid

Ok Maths what does the gradient of a line mean?

How steep it is

What were the terms of the anglo irish treaty?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Anybody have a good short definition for "hire purchase" and the gaseous exchange that takes place in the lungs -thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

examstress wrote: »
    Anybody have a good short definition for "hire purchase" and the gaseous exchange that takes place in the lungs -thanks

Gaseous exchange in the lungs:
    Blood low on oxygen (coming from the body) flows through the capillary. Oxygen is breathed in, enters the alveolus and diffuses into the capillary. At the same time, carbon dioxide in the blood diffuses into the alveolus and is breathed out.

Define Hooke's law.

The first one involved the Free State paying £10,000,000 to the UK for the land annuities, the Treaty ports were returned and the tariffs were lowered.

The second one involved establishing a power sharing government in the North. Articles 2 & 3 were removed from Bunreacht na hÉireann and the Republic agreed that they wouldn'r try to reunite Ireland unless the majority of the North wanted it.

Hire Purchase - This is when you pay off a good in many separate payments. You do not own the good until you make the final payment. It normally costs more than buying the good outright.

You inhale oxygen through your nose and mouth. This goes down the trachea, into the bronchus and then divided up. It then goes through the bronchioles and into the alveoli. Here gas exchange takes place in the thin-walled capillaries and the oxygen enters the bloodstream. Carbon dioxide leaves the blood through the same process but backwards.

Demonstrate how to construct an internal tangent between circles. (TG)

OR

Describe how to identify the season in an aerial photograph. (Geography)

Ninja'd.

Hooke's law states that the extension of a spring is directly proportional to the force applied until the elastic limit is exceeded.

A97 wrote: »

Describe how to identify the season in an aerial photograph. (Geography)
    **I would be interested to know the answer to this, our teacher never taught us this.**

-The colour of the trees.(?)
    -The amount of cars and people present.(?)
    -The colour of the fields if there are any.
    -The type of crop grown on the field.
    -Gardens, if they have flowers (how many etc, type etc).

I think i'm wrong.:o

Question: What are the values for x?
    10>+5x-5<3x+10
    X has to be a real number

OR
    "He layed in the box as in his cot." What figurative writing style does that quote contain?(English) :rolleyes:

I'm going to do English cause I can't do maths on the laptop.
    He lay in the box as in his cot. It's a simile. Describing a word using like as or then. Mid-Term Break by Seamus Heaney :P That's the only one I learned.

What happens when there's an argument or dispute in the work place? Two people who solve the disputes and in which case are each used.

I'm going to do English cause I can't do maths on the laptop.
    He lay in the box as in his cot. It's a simile. Describing a word using like as or then. Mid-Term Break by Seamus Heaney :P That's the only one I learned.

What happens when there's an argument or dispute in the work place? Two people who solve the disputes and in which case are each used.
    Workers could go on strike. They refuse to work. Or they could 'sit in" and not do any work. Or they could "picket" the employer's premises. Don't know if this is right for the second part.. So um.. A Rights Commissioner investigates disputes concerning individual workers/ groups. An Equality Officer investigates disputes on issues of equality and discrimination in the workplace.

What is the chemical and word equation for the preparation of oxygen?

Workers could go on strike. They refuse to work. Or they could 'sit in" and not do any work. Or they could "picket" the employer's premises. Don't know if this is right for the second part.. So um.. A Rights Commissioner investigates disputes concerning individual workers/ groups. An Equality Officer investigates disputes on issues of equality and discrimination in the workplace.

What is the chemical and word equation for the preparation of oxygen?

Hydroperoxide
    maganise dixoide
    > Oxygen and Water

2H2O2
    MnO2
    > 02 + 2H2O

What is the function of the ciliary muscle in the eye? (science)

• Advertisement

Hydroperoxide
    maganise dixoide
    > Oxygen and Water

2H2O2
    MnO2
    > 02 + 2H2O

What is the function of the ciliary muscle in the eye? (science)

To change the shape of the lens.

Which substances can be magnetised? (Science, Physics)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »

Metal

Metal

Gonna have to be a lot more specific, I'm afraid. Try again.

Iron, nickle and copper?

What year did Vasco Da Gama discover the sea route to India?

Iron, nickle and copper?

Do you need to know years for the 1st and 2nd year course?

Do you need to know years for the 1st and 2nd year course?
    Years are facts, you get marks for mentioning facts. :rolleyes:

Years are facts, you get marks for mentioning facts. :rolleyes:

But they're much harder to remember, and learning off one extra little thing is usually easier than remembering years.

Some books don't even mention the years because they're too hard to remember and for little reason.

But they're much harder to remember, and learning off one extra little thing is usually easier than remembering years.

Some books don't even mention the years because they're too hard to remember and for little reason.
    I've learnt years :eek::eek::eek: am I being told that years are NOT A REQUIREMENT IN Q4, Q5 AND Q6?! I hate learning years ... I always forget them :pac:. Spurious, if you could answer this, would "Germany attacked Poland in the 1930s" be equal marks with "Germany attacked Poland on the 1st September 1939"? Or does the second statement get more marks?

I've learnt years :eek::eek::eek: am I being told that years are NOT A REQUIREMENT IN Q4, Q5 AND Q6?! I hate learning years ... I always forget them :pac:. Spurious, if you could answer this, would "Germany attacked Poland in the 1930s" be equal marks with "Germany attacked Poland on the 1st September 1939"? Or does the second statement get more marks?

I would imagine dates would be okay for the 3rd year course, but I should have specified it's less important in the 1st and 2nd year courses, I believe. Although knowing the centuries stuff takes place in is good. "Blah blah blah in the 1700's" and not "Blah in 1745" or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Iron, nickle and copper?

Well he set off in 1497 but he arrived in India in 1498

Describe personification as a technique in English

Advertisement