Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Mary A wrote: »
    fair play to ya :p:p, ugh I hate everything in business:mad:

i love business :P I love accounting so fricking much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

explain plucking

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    explain plucking

When a glacier moves downhill due to gravity, it creates friction at the bottom. This friction creates heat and turns the bottom to water, it also tears up stones. This water freezes and collects the rocks with it, thus plucking the ground.

Name Hitler's autobiography.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

explain plucking

Inhumanely assaulting a bird! Nah I studied Seas, seas ftw :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    When a glacier moves downhill due to gravity, it creates friction at the bottom. This friction creates heat and turns the bottom to water, it also tears up stones. This water freezes and collects the rocks with it, thus plucking the ground.

Mein Kemp ;).

Why was Hitler imprisoned in 1924?

• Advertisement

Mein Kampf

Definition of a molecule?

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Mein Kampf

a substance made up of one or more atoms ?

What is the moment of force?

Mein Kampf

Two or more of the same element chemically combined.

Why was Hitler imprisoned in 1924?:pac:

a substance made up of one or more atoms ?

What is the moment of force?
    The turning effect.

Why was Hitler imprisoned in 1924? :pac:

The turning effect.

Why was Hitler imprisoned in 1924? :pac:

he tried to stage a failed putsch

Who appointed Hitler as chancellor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

he tried to stage a failed putsch

Who appointed Hitler as chancellor

Hindenberg

Name 2 advantages of newspaper

multimate wrote: »
    Hindenberg

Name 2 advantages of newspaper

cheap
    available to all people

what does CAD stand for

cheap
    available to all people

what does CAD stand for

computer aided design?

What were the terms of the anglo irish treaty 1921?

computer aided design?

What were the terms of the anglo irish treaty 1921?

ireland is named the free state
    ireland would have its own currency, flag and army
    england retains control of the 3 treaty ports, lough swilly, cobh and berehaven
    a governer general is appointed to ireland that can make decisions when a law is being passed
    all PMs must take the oath of allegiance
    (wrong tense, apologies)

what was the statute of westminster?

ireland is named the free state
    ireland would have its own currency, flag and army
    england retains control of the 3 treaty ports, lough swilly, cobh and berehaven
    a governer general is appointed to ireland that can make decisions when a law is being passed
    all PMs must take the oath of allegiance
    (wrong tense, apologies)

what was the statute of westminster?

that ireland could change any rules that were imposed by the british. It returned the ports to ireland. Was it one of the achievements of Cuman Na Gaedhael William T cosgrave?

that ireland could change any rules that were imposed by the british. It returned the ports to ireland. Was it one of the achievements of Cuman Na Gaedhael William T cosgrave?

Yeah it was.
    Name a cleaning agent you would use in a kitchen and give guidelines on using it

Yeah it was.
    Name a cleaning agent you would use in a kitchen and give guidelines on using it

this really shows how i haven't studied for home ec :L Oh God can you say baking soda and water for a fridge :D

What are the steps followed when wanting to purchase an item :)

this really shows how i haven't studied for home ec :L Oh God can you say baking soda and water for a fridge :D

What are the steps followed when wanting to purchase an item :)

Well maybe.. dont know :/ disinfectants e.g. dettol to disinfect sinks, bins and bathroom floors. Keep the cleaning agent and cleaning equipment in one cupboard. Wash surface with the cleaning agent as well as a lot of water. Rinse with water. Keep the agent in it's original container etc

Check the price and quality of item.
    See if it is a need or a want
    Can you afford it?
    What will you need it for?
    Is it safe to use?

What is an extended family?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Well maybe.. dont know :/ disinfectants e.g. dettol to disinfect sinks, bins and bathroom floors. Keep the cleaning agent and cleaning equipment in one cupboard. Wash surface with the cleaning agent as well as a lot of water. Rinse with water. Keep the agent in it's original container etc

Check the price and quality of item.
    See if it is a need or a want
    Can you afford it?
    What will you need it for?
    Is it safe to use?

What is an extended family?

Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, grandchildren etc. etc.? (No idea what subject that's from)

Name a character from a novel or short story you have read and identify one point that you like about that character.

Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, grandchildren etc. etc.? (No idea what subject that's from)

Name a character from a novel or short story you have read and identify one point that you like about that character.

I have studied Erich Maria Remarque's "All Quiet on the Western Front." This amazing novel is set during the Great War, in the german front lines. The novel's protagonist is Paul Baumer. I really like Paul because he is unique, but change gets the better of him.

Paul is a decent character. His father gives his small cakes his mother baked for him in a camp. There was a POW Russian prision camp near by. Paul's character shines through when he gives half of the cakes to the "meek and scolded" russian prisoners. This is why I envy Paul Baumer.

What is a simile?

• Advertisement

The play I have studied is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The poem is set in the fictional town of Maycomb,Alabama in the Great Depression During the 1930's. The Character's personality I liked the most is Atticus Finch's character, Atticus is the father of Scout(The main protagonist) and Jem. The reason why I like his character because he isn't prejudice and treats everyone with respect regardless of their social status

We see that Atticus isn't prejudice because when he takes on the Tom Robinson case, a case of an innocent African-American man who is being convicted of raping a white-American girl, Mayella Ewell. Atticus takes on the case despite the fact that the whole white community is against it. When his daughter Scout is asks him why is he "lawin for ****" if everyone thinks its wrong, He replies "Dont say ****** Scout" This clarifies more clearly that he isn't prejudice and treats everyone with respect regardless of their social status.

In Conclusion,the reason why I liked the Character of Atticus is because he treats everyone with respect regardless of social status.

Describe the features of a hot desert climate and the plants that grow in a hot desert climate.

I have studied Erich Maria Remarque's "All Quiet on the Western Front." This amazing novel is set during the Great War, in the german front lines. The novel's protagonist is Paul Baumer. I really like Paul because he is unique, but change gets the better of him.

Paul is a decent character. His father gives his small cakes his mother baked for him in a camp. There was a POW Russian prision camp near by. Paul's character shines through when he gives half of the cakes to the "meek and scolded" russian prisoners. This is why I envy Paul Baumer.

What is a simile?

a simile is comparing two things of different nature using like, as or than.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

a simile is comparing two things of different nature using like, as or than.

30-50 degrees celcius in the day
    down to 5 degrees at night
    less than 100 ml of precipitation in the form of rain
    Dry, due to sorroco winds.

Joshua tree, cactus, and something else I forgot

what is dramatic irony?

30-50 degrees celcius in the day
    down to 5 degrees at night
    less than 100 ml of precipitation in the form of rain
    Dry, due to sorroco winds.

Joshua tree, cactus, and something else I forgot

what is dramatic irony?

what geography book do you use o.O ??

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

what geography book do you use o.O ??

Doesn't matter, you can't bull**** around temperatures. I can give reasons too if you want :P

Doesn't matter, you can't bull**** around temperatures. I can give reasons too if you want :P

okay :P my teacher marked me down for saying less jobs instead of unemployment so i dont risk making up figures :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sophia Byrne

Recevez, je vous prie, mes meilleures amitiés. (Yours sincerely)

What is the chemical equation for photosynthesis?

Recevez, je vous prie, mes meilleures amitiés. (Yours sincerely)

What is the chemical equation for photosynthesis?

carbon dioxide +water sunlight arrow under chlorophyll= oxygen, glucose

What does I bpreabadh na sul mean? (IRISH)

carbon dioxide +water sunlight arrow under chlorophyll= oxygen, glucose

What does I bpreabadh na sul mean? (IRISH)

In the blink of an eye.

In what year was Christopher Columbus born?

• Advertisement

In the blink of an eye.

In what year was Christopher Columbus born?

haha we didn't do that surprisingly all i know if that he set of in 1492 :P

Okay French, what do the following words mean
    porter
    chambre
    consigne
    pelouse
    rideaux
    couchon
    gateau
    les yeux
    livre
    roman