Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

haha we didn't do that surprisingly all i know if that he set of in 1492 :P

Okay French, what do the following words mean
    porter
    chambre
    consigne
    pelouse
    rideaux
    couchon
    gateau
    les yeux
    livre
    roman
    avion
    retarde
    fenetre
    lit

He was born in 1451 :)

Porter-to wear
    Chambre- Bedroom
    Consigne- Setpoint
    Pelouse- Lawn
    Rideaux- Curtains
    Couchon- Pig
    Gateau- Cake
    Les Yeux- Eyes
    Livre- Book
    Roman- Novel
    Avion- Airplane
    Retarder- To be late
    Fenetre- Window
    Lit- Bed

A ridiculously easy question: What is Pythagoras's theorem?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Jijsaw wrote: »
    He was born in 1451 :)

Porter-to wear
    Chambre- Bedroom
    Consigne- Setpoint
    Pelouse- Lawn
    Rideaux- Curtains
    Couchon- Pig
    Gateau- Cake
    Les Yeux- Eyes
    Livre- Book
    Roman- Novel
    Avion- Airplane
    Retarder- To be late
    Fenetre- Window
    Lit- Bed

A ridiculously easy question: What is Pythagoras's theorem?

half the people in my french class are so bad at french, they'd be happy if they remembered the word Bonjour in the exam.

Pythagoras's theorem states that the length of the hypotenuse squared is equal to the length of the adjacent and the opposite squared.

what is the moment of the force?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

half the people in my french class are so bad at french, they'd be happy if they remembered the word Bonjour in the exam.

Pythagoras's theorem states that the length of the hypotenuse squared is equal to the length of the adjacent and the opposite squared.

what is the moment of the force?

Its the force multiplied by the perpindicular distance between the force and the fulcrum.

In home ec what are the:
    Bias
    Selvage
    Waft

sotisme wrote: »
    Its the force multiplied by the perpindicular distance between the force and the fulcrum.

In home ec what are the:
    Bias
    Selvage
    Waft

we didn't do those chapters on home management and textiles and fashion.

we didn't do those chapters on home management and textiles and fashion.

Really?! But they're part of the course! If I were you I'd try cram home management as it'll give you another option and most of it is common sense!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Really?! But they're part of the course! If I were you I'd try cram home management as it'll give you another option and most of it is common sense!
    My teacher hardly covered the course with us .. all we do in class is gossip or whatnot ...

My teacher hardly covered the course with us .. all we do in class is gossip or whatnot ...

Haha are you worried? Home ec isnt easy :o

Haha are you worried? Home ec isnt easy :o
    I got 67% without studying on the mocks ... my cookery went really well and my childcare project is a boss. I bought the revise wise book for home eco, so I will cram that ;). You have any predictions though? XD

our teacher did the other ones in detail though oh **** now ive to crram lots... i havent started home ec and its one of my a subjects :(

Ah the Home Ec bants, good ol' time and what was somebody saying about Home Ec being hard? So long as you're good at biology and business and have enough general knowledge it's a doss :p

• Advertisement

Ah the Home Ec bants, good ol' time and what was somebody saying about Home Ec being hard? So long as you're good at biology and business and have enough general knowledge it's a doss :p

i second that

I don't do business but yea, home eco is basically biology XD. I just don't understand like all the "women" things when you have to learn about taking care of a family, nitting, sewing machine .. food ... ugh, I don't know why I chose this over Business XD. :pac: My teacher said women dig men who can cook ... I am yet to see proof of this statement ... false advertising? :rolleyes:

I don't do business but yea, home eco is basically biology XD. I just don't understand like all the "women" things when you have to learn about taking care of a family, nitting, sewing machine .. food ... ugh, I don't know why I chose this over Business XD. :pac: My teacher said women dig men who can cook ... I am yet to see proof of this statement ... false advertising? :rolleyes:

lol that is offensive and STEREOTYPING that you think all of those should be women things. Yea men that can cook are rare these days :P

You can cook, eh?How-you-doin-joey-tribbiani-30419833-350-208_large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Nah, it's kind of like having DLC for a game without having the game, You need to be a desirable guy first, THEN cooking. At least this is what I was told. I don't do Home Ec. anyway.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Nah, it's kind of like having DLC for a game without having the game, You need to be a desirable guy first, THEN cooking. At least this is what I was told. I don't do Home Ec. anyway.
    I have a friend, who chose music in first year because the teacher said they'll learn how to play piano, after the choices, they didn't even touch a piano and everyone was stuck because you're not allowed to switch in his school, epic fail. ^-^ I only enjoy the cooking aspect of Home Eco, the rest is basically common sense and biology. :rolleyes:

I have a friend, who chose music in first year because the teacher said they'll learn how to play piano, after the choices, they didn't even touch a piano and everyone was stuck because you're not allowed to switch in his school, epic fail. ^-^ I only enjoy the cooking aspect of Home Eco, the rest is basically common sense and biology. :rolleyes:

:P I don't do music but I love to tick off the music teacher by coming in to the music room at lunch time and loudly playing "Bohemian Rhapsody" on the piano :p

:P I don't do music but I love to tick off the music teacher by coming in to the music room at lunch time and loudly playing "Bohemian Rhapsody" on the piano :p
    You can play the piano? :eek:

You can play the piano? :eek:

I have to be good at something, Arnie! ;) Piano and languages are my thing :P

omg languages are my thing too :D

• Advertisement

Uhm ... if you can play Brian Crain's piano songs, I envy you! ;):p I might start learning the piano soon .. looks like great craic! I can see you replacing google translator in 10years...

Uhm ... if you can play Brian Crain's piano songs, I envy you! ;):p I might start learning the piano soon .. looks like great craic! I can see you replacing google translator in 10years...

You should see my "Butterfly Waltz" ;) But I mostly do classic rock, 60s pop songs etc. you guys know the music I like :P
    And about the Google translator comment, oh stahp it you :o;)

You should see my "Butterfly Waltz" ;) But I mostly do classic rock, 60s pop songs etc. you guys know the music I like :P
    And about the Google translator comment, oh stahp it you :o;)
    There's this guy who can speak over 20 langauges fluently, and it only takes him a few weeks to learn an entire language, he's on youtube! :P You must beat him! He's like 18... so yea :p.;):pac::pac:

There's this guy who can speak over 20 langauges fluently, and it only takes him a few weeks to learn an entire language, he's on youtube! :P You must beat him! He's like 18... so yea :p.;):pac::pac:

Ah I saw his videos before. I know a bit of Russian, Kazakh, Portuguese, Turkish and Japanese but at very beginner levels :P

Ah I saw his videos before. I know a bit of Russian, Kazakh, Portuguese, Turkish and Japanese but at very beginner levels :P
    That's a start! I could teach you Lithuanian :pac:.

you should learn arabic

That's a start! I could teach you Lithuanian :pac:.

I know like 2 words in Lithuanian :P I met a girl in Germany who was Lithuanian but she could speak fluent English but I know how to say "shut up" and swear in about 10 different languages ;)

you should learn arabic

The effort of learning Arabic :P I'm focusing on learning European languages as their all sort-of-connected in way I can spend decent Italian for somebody who has never had a class of Italian in their life. Oh internet I love you :p

I know like 2 words in Lithuanian :P I met a girl in Germany who was Lithuanian but she could speak fluent English but I know how to say "shut up" and swear in about 10 different languages ;)
    You probably met my cousin then :eek:;)... I wonder how did you pick up them "bad" words :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

You probably met my cousin then :eek:;)... I wonder how did you pick up them "bad" words :rolleyes:.

You know how you can tell if somebody is talking about you? Well I always learnt insults off the internet in that person's language so they think I can understand them :p Always work a treat but that's if I'm assuming their saying mean things about me ;)

Advertisement