Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V800 Vodafone 3G problems!

Options
  • 02-01-2005 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a V800, which I bought from the UK. I am having some problems with it and wondered if any others had the same issues.

I've got the 3G SIM, and all the vodafone live settings as listed on some boards posts. It was working well until about a week ago, and now I cannot connect to any data services while on the 3G network. If I manually select 2.5G, it works fine, but obviously at a slower speed. This applies to Vodafone Live and Email using isp.vodafone.ie as the apn. I have spoken to vodafone support, and while very helpful (much better than O2), they say that it's a network vs phone compatibility problem, and that since the phone is not released here, they cannot support it. This seems strange, since it was working fine.

I also have a second problem. When in Dublin city centre, I cannot make or receive calls while on the 2.5G network. It's fine on 3G, or if I move from 3G to 2.5G coverage while on a call, the call continues fine. If I finish the call and try to start a new call, I cannot. I get the "calling" message, but never the "connecting" message.

I have tried all possible remedies, even gotten a new SIM, I even tried my SIm in another 3G phone, and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Correct me if I am wrong but even with the 3G network, you are connecting to live via GPRS right and not actually using 3G? If so, the speed shouldnt be any different than the 2.5G?
    My phone wont work at all whenever I am in my office building. I can only receive sms. I cant make calls, receive calls or even send sms. The moment I step outside the door, its working back again. Manually setting it to 2.5G still makes no difference.
    All I can say is that the phone should be release in 1-2 weeks time and by then hopefully everything will be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Mine is still working perfectly, on 3g and 2.5g networks. The speed via live is a huge amount faster through 3g, pages come up almost instantly, and stuff downloads at around 40KB/sec instead of the 2 or 3 it goes on gprs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

What's the 3G coverage like in Co Wexford?

Advertisement