Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lasagne-the food of gods

• 02-01-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

it may just be me, but i think lasagne is great. its almost a whole meal in itself. if you add some carbohydrates then you're set! and think of the calcium! all the calcium! no bone diseases for me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Your post has got me thinking... Belgian (er Maybe just Brussels) lasagne made with ham. Hmmm would love some right now - have discovered nowhere to get this in Ireland though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Um, think of the artery clogging FAT in lasagne from all the cheese! Not something you should eat too regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Lasagne, Chips and Salad... YUMMMMM

nothing like it really :D

Cork_girl wrote:
    Lasagne, Chips and Salad... YUMMMMM

nothing like it really :D
    Bruccetta. Lasagne, Chips and salad - all Beligian style - chips with mayonnaise. Might need to have defribulator handy, but worth it - Hmmm :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I had lasagne there for dinner, cooked by my mommy. I got to bring some back to the appt. to heat up tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I never boil the pasta before baking but a friends.. little helper does and it tastes fab. Yeah, well she uses a ton of cream inside it but.

Do you guys boil'n'bake or chuck'n'bake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Your post has got me thinking... Belgian (er Maybe just Brussels) lasagne made with ham. Hmmm would love some right now - have discovered nowhere to get this in Ireland though :(

Okay so I'm a HUGE lasagne fan and I'm going to Brussels the day after tomorrow. What is thet called over there? Just simply lasagne or is there another name for it?

Geranium wrote:
    Okay so I'm a HUGE lasagne fan and I'm going to Brussels the day after tomorrow. What is thet called over there? Just simply lasagne or is there another name for it?
    'Twas 10 years ago but fairly sure if you look for lasagne in Italian restaurant in Brussels - you get the Brusseloise - bacon variety. So it's just called "Lasagne".

Whatever you find if they sell it over the internet - I wanna know!

Don't think they do!

Happy new year folks BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I am a massive fan of lasinge, but im an even bigger fan of it when there is a pile of cheese on it.

They do lasinge at work in the canteen every week, only problem is they only do vegetarian, argh. lasinge isnt lasinge without meat in it ffs

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

massaive fan of lasagne,

it truly is food of the gods

• Advertisement

Adds name to the list

/Runs to the events board to start thread on lasagne party*

* well maybe not it would be misunderstood and I would be banned :D (Lasagne is yummy tho!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

'Twas 10 years ago but fairly sure if you look for lasagne in Italian restaurant in Brussels - you get the Brusseloise - bacon variety. So it's just called "Lasagne".

Whatever you find if they sell it over the internet - I wanna know!

Don't think they do!

Happy new year folks BTW!

Ah brilliant. Thank you. I will have some and when I come back I'll write a critical review of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Its the only form of pasta that I cannot abide...really hate the stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oh lasagne, lasagne so delicious. Has to be homecooked with LOADS of fatty cheese and cream etc. though, none of that microwaved weightwatchers stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Add my name to that list. It truly is the food of the Gods. I'm getting hungry now, dont suppose anyone has some?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

One of my favourite foods also. My homemade specialty is lasagne as well and everyone who's aver eaten it agrees that it is yum! :D

One tip for the pasta itself - use fresh lasagne it tastes far superior and you don't need to cook it in water first as it's already soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

eth0_ wrote:
    Um, think of the artery clogging FAT in lasagne from all the cheese! Not something you should eat too regularly
    There's nothing wrong with fat. Being fat, yes. Dietary fat, no.

I reckon lasagne is delicious, bit too much of a carb load for regular eatage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nicest food ever. Everyones Mummys homemade are allways the nicest, especally my veggie lasagne, nicer then the meat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It's actually proper lasagne, with a slice of ham on top of it, you can get it from Suppers Ready, they even deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

truely it is food of the gods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

MiCr0 wrote:
    truely it is food of the gods

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so good!

Blub2k4 wrote:
    It's actually proper lasagne, with a slice of ham on top of it, you can get it from Suppers Ready, they even deliver.
    Hmmm <smacks lips> Looking forward to it already! Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Giles wrote: »
    One of my favourite foods also. My homemade specialty is lasagne as well and everyone who's aver eaten it agrees that it is yum! :D

One tip for the pasta itself - use fresh lasagne it tastes far superior and you don't need to cook it in water first as it's already soft.

Do you have a recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

schmel22 wrote: »
    Do you have a recipe?
    He might have had four years ago :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Giles wrote: »

one of the most important thing about cooking lasagne is having fresh pasta, i.e.: making the egg pasta by yourself.
    The reason why the egg pasta needs to be boiled for one or two minutes in the water is to remove the egg flavour, which is too strong, you don't want to taste it in your lasagna.

If you're using any dried egg pasta you don't need to boil it, but many people prefer to do so because it will become softer.

What I usually do when I have dried pasta is that I fill the tray for lasagne with the pasta and the other things and then wrap the tray in alluminium foil and let it cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then I remove the foil and cook it for the remaining 10 minutes, so it will become crusty on the top.

Ah: eating lasagne with chips as side order is really lame, it is not even food, you will become the daily joke of many Italians. It's like drinking cappuccino at the end of your lunch/dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What do you usually have as a side? I would hate to be the joke of any Italians :p

Salad? Garlic bread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

nothing, it's a main course (in italy we have first course which is pasta/lasagne, and a second course which is meat or fish, with the 'second course' you eat side orders).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

eth0_ wrote: »

not the way my mammy makes it!:D
    we just use white sauce and a little bit of low low cheese-its still savage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can't think of a food I had more than lasagne, maybe spaghetti bolonase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Love it!!! homemade though no dolmio crap

Advertisement