Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

• 10-08-1999 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Right I'm putting my predictions for the Premiership top five next May.

1. Arsenal (We'll own this year)
    2. Chelsea
    3. Liverpool (Have a feeling that they'll surprise people this year)
    4. Scum (Once they lose Keane and I reakon its at most a couple of weeks before he is sold they will go downhill)
    5. Leeds (They will finish above Scum if they replace Hasselbaink with a class finisher early in the season, Solksjar maybe ??)

Going Down, Watford, Newcastle and Coventry.

Cmon post ure predictions here and we can all crawl under a rock if we get them totally wrong tongue.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Chelsea will win it hands down, no problems this year. Hopefully Gus Poyet will stay fit cos he is the best midfielder in the Premiership, possibly in Europe at the moment.
    Chris Sutton, I have to say was a terrible summer buy, I reckon hes only worth about 7ish million, possibly less, but hopefully Zola will be back on form to score goals with Flo.

Arsenal will come come in second. I think Suker was the best singing of the summer, but Henry was a bit over priced.

United (booo) to come in third, thats only if they can hand onto Keane. They didnt make enough singings this summer and they'll suffer from fixtures. They'll be luckey to win anything this year.

Liverpool fourth. Smitzer wos a great singing as was Hammann. They could even come in third, but a place in Europe looks likely for next year if they can tighten up the defence. Matteo, Song and Hippea should be strong enough and a good keeper will make the difference.

Derby fifth. Leeds sixth.

Oops that should be the other way around, only if O'leary can make a good singing with the money he has to spend. They need a good out-and-out striker.

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 10-08-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Ferguson reckons that change is needed regarding the salary structure in United so my bet is Keane is gonna stay. And when we get Rivaldo (we prolly wont, Tabloid scum), we'll Pish all over the rest of u's. We a sec, we already do pish all over the rest of u's. GO ON U REDS!!!!!
    FurY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

arsenal will be lucky to get 3rd this season, utd will prob win it with chelsea pushing them if they can keep their act together. can't say anything about liverpool for a month or 2 till all the new signings settle in but should do better than last season. they look more balanced now without macca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

YEah, and who scored for Everton?? We did. Wez only giving yaz a chance this year tongue.gif
    F
    Amazing the ****e i spout sometimes. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Gandy are you seriously trying to tell me that Newcastle will be relegated instead of Bradford or Southampton?? Gis a break.

Winners: Chelsea, with Arsenal and the Scum in 2nd & 3rd

Relegated: Watford, Bradford, and Southampton.

Midtable Secutiry Again: Newcastle smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

1st:Chelsea
    2nd:Aresnal
    3rd:Man utd
    4th:liverpool/leeds

Relegation: Watford Bradford Southampton
    Fa cup:Aresnal
    Leauge cup:who cares
    Top scorer:fowler/kanu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭-=Raven=-

would ya go away.

1st = Liverpool

2nd = Leeds

3rd = chelsea

*****to everyone else
    Just watch it unfold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Would ya get yr own predictions for fu<ks sake Sher!?!? smile.gif

Castor 'Mystic Meg' Troy.

Macca wont even get his game with Real. But hes still getting 50k a week

"We a sec, we already do pish all over the rest of u's. GO ON U REDS!!!!!"

Yeah, a draw against Everton is always a good result. And yes I know that United drew their first 2 matches last season and still won teh league. Its different this year.

Goooowaannnn Chelsea.
    Alllwite mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

arsenal will walk the league look at them ffs best defence in the world midfield that make utd ashamed with petti showing form and viarra overmars strike force of berkamp teri onri(or however you spell it) kanu i mean who can back against them though i hope the pools new signings come good with herman out till nov thats a bad sign so
    1. Arsenel
    2. Utd
    3. Pool/chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

tbh i'm not sure how "herman" will fit into the liverpool way of playing, if my memory serves me right he wasn't too mobile in the munsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

the main let down of these predictions half way thorugh the season seems to be chelsea and a suprise from leeds what is you predictions now.
    1. Man u (haate to say it)
    2. Arsenal
    3. Pool (boyist but wtf)
    4. Leeds (a drop in form is predictable)
    Sunderland will do terable in the last half of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I forsee newcastle winning the cup this season.

Advertisement