Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help for DV enthusiast

• 03-01-2005 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A relative of mine has captured a bunch of home video to his computer, edited it all together, added in the obligatory star wipes etc. It's ended up about 40 mins long. He's using Pinnacle Studio 8 - when he goes to the third step - make movie [he wants to burn it to dvd] the computer churns and then gives various out of memory/page file errors. He didn't get them right when he first got the pc and did this, but now he does.

He's 20 gigs of free space on the hard drive - I'm assuming the problem is coming from lack of RAM? He has only 256 megs of RAM, which is the recommended [128 is minimum] amount to have if you go by the back of the box.

I'm assuming that since he's got the puter he's filled it up with some stuff, it's using more memory etc. just running so when he comes to do a task it was once able to handle it just can't cut the mustard.

Do you think throwing another 512 in would solve it for him? Or would there be a work around or maybe i'm just missing a point entirely?

For the record, all the system specs i know: its a march-bought Dell dimension, pentium 4 2.8, 256 megs of ram, 40 gig hdd.

Any help very much appreciated.

Advertisement