Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone.ie

• 03-01-2005 2:26pm

Arg, I'm about to put a brick through my screen...all I want to do is send a text off vodafone from my number, is that too much to ask?!

I originally clicked and it told me how I had already entered an incorrect username/password and to wait a few minutes. Now, because I'm impatient, I'm locked out for 24 hours. Bastards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You fought the log-in, the login won.

Grrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

You deserve it haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I can never login to vodafone.ie I always get an error msg.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I can log in, god damn photo gallery deosn't work though. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Vodafone's state of the art server, yesterday.

I've got Outlook configured to retrieve my mail from the Vodafone POP3 server, but no matter how many times I re-enter my pword it blocks me. I've reset the pword several times but yet it's still borked.
    A determining factor in my recent move to O2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭stones

site is down as usual, nothing new there, its so unreliable..free texts my ar*e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ive been sending 5 - 10 txts a day for months now with no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Apart from last night, I've never had problem sending text from the website and I send about 5-10 text a day. Yesterday I couldnt log in, it came up as an error. Probably doing some site maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

yeah i couldn't log in yesterday, but it was sorted for a while.. i've never really had any problems tho.. free txt = one satisfied customer:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There were some problems yesterday alright. It is prone to these. Still it is good when it works. It is great to be able to send loads of messages for free and time their arrival. A few days before Christmas I set up a load to go to different friends and family over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I set some to arrive at different times, so I would not be swamped by replies at one time.My nephew got a mobile over Christmas. I had a little fun with him yesterday. I set up a number of messages to come to his phone, one every hour from 3pm until 7pm. I made sure I was around him at the time they arrived. Although my name and number came up when they arrived I pleaded innocent saying I was with him when it arrived and he had not seen me send them. I had messages arrive saying "Look, no hands". "A mystery, wait an hour." "Every hour." :) He was very perplexed by this. I kept on telling him that I had not sent them, choosing my words carefully, saying they had not come from my phone or that I hadn't sent them with my phone, which was true. :) I told him my phone can't send delayed messages, which is true. I even gave him my phone, switched off, to keep but they still arrived! He eventually discovered how I had done it, but it was fun while it lasted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Stekelly wrote:
    ive been sending 5 - 10 txts a day for months now with no problems

Ditto here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i to, havent had a problem with vodafone for ages. Been sending messages almost everyday from the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LoLo18

Been gettin an error message after the first attempt but second attempt goes grand..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've been grand too lately. Just sent one 10 seconds ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

I would recommend an email to care@vodafone.ie outlining your mobile number (and VF email address if that is your problem).

If you are a valid, active Vodafone customer then you should of course be able to log on to the website, if you are registered with a correct password then it is something for VF to fix.

All going well, the issue should get escalated to the appropriate parties.

Wertz, not entirely sure what the nature of your problem may be, please ensure that you have your full @vodafone.ie address as your username.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Vodafone is crap, I don't know why I bother...

When you need to send a txt, half the time you can't log on, and when you get logged on it's slow and painful to get to the page to type your msg in,
    And the problems don't stop there, even when your sending your txt half the time it say's there was an error and msg was unable to send, plz try again later.... :(

But wait....

If your lucky enough to get this far and have your msg sent, don't think that your in the clear and that your msg got tru... I've found msg's to take from 1 min to 12 hr's to be recieved...:mad:

This is insane, for when you need to send an important msg, you can't....

Basically Vodafone is a very unreliable service....

Now that I think about it, I think I'll change my service to O2.... I have no idea why I've stayed with vodafone for so long... ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

everything that vodafone touches turns to **** to be honest. if the website is working the mms messages are not, if the mms messages are working the web text messages are not working, if the web text messages are working the photo galary is not letting you upload the pictures from your phone.

vodafone are nothing but a curse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

CuLT wrote:
    I can log in, god damn photo gallery deosn't work though. :mad:

I had that problem before. You have to enable pop-ups. The photo album pops up in a separate window. Disable them then if you want.

Wont cost a cent to mail care@vodafone.ie with the details of your problem and the time of day/night you are trying to use it.

Saviour_Angel:

Its well known that there were significant problems with the site in the past but many of these issues have been resolved in the meantime ,
    fyi, webtext failures resulting from users sending webtexts from the vodafone.ie website are recorded at less than a fraction of 1% so unfortunately you may be impacted by this, errors do happen.

Depending on network load delivery times can vary, not much to be said there really, of course, the only way for you to know for sure that the message has been delivered on time is to turn on delivery receipts on your handset and send it through your phone.

As spunkymunky points out, good old XP SP1 (along with other popup blocking software) has made sites which use popups more difficult, but checking the status of your popup blocker and cookie handling may help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

When diallied into the Vodafone HSCSD number through my mobile i can never get onto the vodafone website.

irishgeo wrote:
    When diallied into the Vodafone HSCSD number through my mobile i can never get onto the vodafone website.

Just tested with both HSCSD and GPRS ISP APN, both look to be ok, can you verify that you have server assigned IP and DNS settings.

For reference the DNS servers for the Vodafone dialup service are 213.233.128.1 & 213.233.128.19 respectively.

Id recommend a cmd window and 'nslookup www.vodafone.ie' this should resolve to 213.233.129.155

Advertisement