Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

weight over Christmas?

• 03-01-2005 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

So the Christmas is over (well it is!), how much weight, if any, have you put on?
    read in the paper the average weight gain over the festive season is 5 pounds

ive gained 6 pounds + theres alot of choc biscuits stil left. dam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I am rounder and that is much as I will admit to :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

2 or 3 stone:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

put on a few pounds but lost them after 2 days being back in my own place... too lazy to shop for food! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

all mammals naturally put on weight in the winter and loose weight in the summer!

so seriously, don't worry...
    i'm giving up beer and fags for jan.
    then we'll see if i can keep off the fags...........
    hmmnnn...
    ha ha, the fun!
    i think i put on one or two pounds though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I can't put on weight :( so have resolved to stick on circa a stone over the next few months. In the gym though and not on my stomach. The stomach is worth keeping. 6'2" and 13 stone would be ok hopefully. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

all mammals naturally put on weight in the winter and loose weight in the summer!
    Optimist!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I seem to remain skinny no matter what.

I didn't eat much more than normal over Christmas but I ate lots of small portions of different types of food rather than the usual three meals a day. I can't overeat because I feel sick afterwards - does this not happen to other people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

simu wrote:
    I seem to remain skinny no matter what.

I didn't eat much more than normal over Christmas but I ate lots of small portions of different types of food rather than the usual three meals a day. I can't overeat because I feel sick afterwards - does this not happen to other people?
    Nope. :)
    Overeating just leads to bloatedness. I feel uncomfortable, and burp for a while, and it's tough to move :D

Been a long time since I've eaten that much. A few pints on top always cures it though. Ate a good bit over Christmas, but not nearly as much as I used to. Think I'm around 4lbs down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

god knows how much weight i gained over crimbo, and how much i lost over nye:confused:

chances are i'll be back up to 11 st by tomorrow (only just getting my appetite back after some serious chemical overindulgance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Lost 2 lb :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isn't it more you put on weight in autumn and lose it through the spring into early summer (the leanest point being just before the start of harvest)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

i put on a pound in weight was 7st 10 now 7 st 11 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

i put on a pound in weight was 7st 10 now 7 st 11 :(

Same problem here, it just won't go on. It is nice to be able to eat whatever you want (making sure to check your cholesterol every now and then). I've resigned myself to being a skinny bast**d :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

simu wrote:
    I seem to remain skinny no matter what

To gain weight, your caloric intake should be equal to about 15-20 times your body weight in lbs. Not junk food either, good quality carbs, protein and fat

so for instance if you weighed 135lbs * 18 = 2484 calorie's per day (aprox)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have no idea, and I'm scared to hop on the scales...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i need a fork-lift to get me out of my house/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Sarn wrote:
    Same problem here, it just won't go on. It is nice to be able to eat whatever you want (making sure to check your cholesterol every now and then). I've resigned myself to being a skinny bast**d :)

exactly

i have three good meals a day, sometimes delve into the junk food isles at the supermarket, do a bit of walking, do manual work, but i am not a member of any gyms or anything. I can eat extra a christmas, i rarely leave food behind unless i have the flu or something when I tend not to eat a hell of a lot. always stay between 7 st 10 and 8 stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I can't put on weight- tis brilliant!

Sometimes I wish I could though, to see myself fat would be hilarious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I ate so much on Christmas day that I haven't been able to eat properly since, and have lost about half a stone! Tis very odd altogether, but I'm sure it will go back on when I'm back in college and eating junk food everyday again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

I've certainly put on a few, me ma thought the turkey had learnt how to walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

simu wrote:
    I can't overeat because I feel sick afterwards - does this not happen to other people?
    I have a certain limit where I physically can't eat anymore, I'll gag and retch at the mere smell of any more food and sometimes will be gagging on the last mouthfull and I'll consider spitting it back onto the plate.
    Actually that reminds me of the time I was over at my aunts house in some snooty part of Manchester, having dinner, I was sitting opposite her at the table and tried some prawns that were nicely arranged on a salad sort of thing... anyway I didn't like the texture of it, so spat it back into my bowl... when I looked up... I'll never forget the look on her face, oh it was classic :D (lmao just thinking about it... literally, I'm rocking back and forth in my chair here in stiches)
    And er, no... I don't think I put on any weight over christmas, but then I'm not weight obsessed and don't weigh myself on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Can never seem to be able to put on weight so i dont think ive gained anything!.....Seriously, not even gobbling down fistfulls of lard would change my weight! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

lost the guts of another half a stone..... where the feck is it going!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 months ago I was 22st 9lbs, now I'm just 16st 6lbs..... this isn't boding well well for my wallet with new clothes, least there's the Jan sales hehehehehehe

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I gained 6lbs between the 1st of December and the 29th - but I enjoyed every mouthful! Mainly down to things which i would never have in the house (selection boxes, boxes of chocolates, chocolate tree decorations, family box of King crisps), tons of booze from being out almost every night in December and it all being free, hangover munchies (lots of bagels were consumed) and me convincing myself that it was ok to eat things I normally never would "because it's Christmas" (giant sandwiches loaded with coleslaw, loads of cheese, chips etc).

It's all coming back off in january - if weightwatchers will take me back! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ven0m wrote:
    lost the guts of another half a stone..... where the feck is it going!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 months ago I was 22st 9lbs, now I'm just 16st 6lbs..... this isn't boding well well for my wallet with new clothes, least there's the Jan sales hehehehehehe

::: ven0mous :::
    Over a stone a month! Fair play to you. You *almost* lost a whole Billy the Squid :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Jesus Newband, you lost between 25% and 30% of your bodyweight in a mere 6 months. Apart from being impressive, is that actually healthy?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well I have lost 25 lbs in a month, I gained 4 lbs over xmas, but dropped it again in 3 days :D

Yay :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That is also impressive. Well done. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs.Babalady

Hey BEAT, well done but I just have to know...how did you do it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

heh, thanks :)
    I am on the Cleveland Clininc diet for heart patients ;)
    fun fun fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gained 1/2 stone to a stone I guess.

Advertisement