Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey

Options
  • 03-01-2005 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

What this site needs is more stuff about Morrissey.
    That's what I think.
    Do you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

well altough I like Morrissey you could just go to a Morrissey site to get more stuff Moz related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IBEH

So....... using your logic this site it totally obsolete.
    If someone wants to talk about morrissey - go to a morrissey site. If someone wants to discuss fishing - go to a fishing site. If someone is interested in thermo nuclear dynamics - go to a thermo nuclear dynamics site. If someone has a hankering for art, news, games, music, sci-fi, sports... etc., etc., etc., then they should head for dedicated sites.
    Thanks for your advice, as a 'newbie' I would please like a list of subjects that can be discussed on here.
    Yours,
    The Merchant Of Ennis..

thats not what I meant if you want to discuss morrissey then say
    what do you think of the new album?
    What is your favourite smiths album?
    etc
    just saying I think there should be more morrissey is a bit vauge
    I didnt notice you were a newbie sorry if you tought I was picking of you

Okay. I'll forgive you. So...... what did you think of the new album?........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

some of the material is good, some less so good, all of it sounds better live

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

"let me kiss you" has really grown on me, irish blood english heart i also like a lot

I think let me kiss you is the worst track on it
    It a lyricaly and vocaly great album but the music is hit and miss still his best album since vauxhaul and I though

In giddius meret enchalan goadinet etrenn, morrissey.
    Thank you all for your time
    Regards
    Clare Banner.

I really like the Nancy Sinatra cover of "Let Me Kiss You". Her voice is far more suited to that song

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

i think the new album is ****e.
    all throughout the music is fooking crap.
    the lyrics and singin' as ever is great, but the music, especially the guitar is piss.

But in fairness Morrissey's backing music has never been the best (I'm talking post-Smiths here). He's like Leonard Cohen, you're in it for the lyrics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

John2 wrote:
    But in fairness Morrissey's backing music has never been the best (I'm talking post-Smiths here). He's like Leonard Cohen, you're in it for the lyrics.

i think its got worse as he's gone on.
    this album is the worst though, by loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

No sir, Maladjusted is one of the weakest albums ever to soil my ears. There is nought weaker, I say nought weaker than it.

yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but ..... whatever.
    Stop giving me evils.

A bad Morrissey album (is this possible?) still cacks over everything else.

IBEH wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ha ha ha ha ha...

... you're a funny guy. No seriously, Maladjusted is a miserable waste of plastic, electricity, effort and time. Even Westlife look upon it with scorn :D

There are times in my life when only Maladjusted will do.
    If he hadn't released it....... I would be in serious trouble.
    .....And I refuse to even contemplate Shelflife's opinion...... they have no bearing on anything of any importance whatsoever or otherwise ever ever ever. And even mentioning them in an ironic way is to be regretted.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

IBEH wrote:
    yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but ..... whatever.
    Stop giving me evils.

The sooner you realise that there is a lot more to music than Morrisey the better. The guy doesn't even play a musical instrument, the lyrics aren't THAT important to a song. If 'call on me' by Eric Prdz or whatever had amazing lyrics it would remain a terrible and annoying song.

The sooner you realise that there is a lot more to music than Morrisey the better. The guy doesn't even play a musical instrument, the lyrics aren't THAT important to a song. If 'call on me' by Eric Prdz or whatever had amazing lyrics it would remain a terrible and annoying song.

Many of the greatest Artistes never played an instrument, so that point is as pale as your face (you sound very white).
    And to say that lyrics aren't that important to a song, well that is simply an opinion and only as valid as the person expressing it. Which means that outside of your boxroom you are not creative or interesting. I'm sure that's fine to most of the population. But it just won't do for me.
    Also his name is Morrissey.
    And to conclude, I can't be bothered with you anymore, not now that I have read one of your comments. Please stay with your own kind and I'll stay with mine.

I sound white? Eh...sure. I still maintain that a crap song with great lyrics remains a crap song, and no amount of your silly superior attitude is gonna change that!
    You sound quite arrogant, who knows why but to say that Morrissey cacks over everything else with his greatness is just silly, narrow-minded and silly.
    By the way your gonna get a lot of sh1t on this site if you go around correcting typo's, so I may aswell get you used to it. **** off, it doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

Firstly, there's no apostrophe in typos. It is a plural.
    And to finish - I could not listen to your music because the web address puts me off. 'Angelfire' ? - do you visit Comic Book Guy's shop ?(note the correct use of the apostrophe). And you are a James Bond fan? Oh dear, my case is rested m'lud.
    NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I must agree; in my opinion at least lyrics are secondary. If a song I like has good lyrics I see it as a bonus.

IBEH wrote:
    Firstly, there's no apostrophe in typos. It is a plural.
    And to finish - I could not listen to your music because the web address puts me off. 'Angelfire' ? - do you visit Comic Book Guy's shop ?(note the correct use of the apostrophe). And you are a James Bond fan? Oh dear, my case is rested m'lud.
    NEXT!

Well I didn't choose angelfire, its the name of the site that gives me webspace you idiot. And seeing as you didn't argue anything about the actual topic I can only assume you were going to listen to my music and maybe slag me about it. Again, as mature as your correcting of typos. There is a story behind that name, it isn't a name that I am particularly attatched to but i've never bothered coming up with anything else as I don't update the site very often.

Is there anything quite as sad as a Morrissey fan who hasn't the maturity to believe their idol is capable of anything less than perfection? M'lud? Please :rolleyes:

Comments from Heavy Metal Guitarists are of no interest to me.
    Slayer indeed - you have the cheek to question my maturity!
    And the brochure promised me that Ireland had grown-up!

As for your points, such as they were, ......erm.........I've forgotten what they were. Sorry.

But I'm sure you are a lovely man. So any offence was purely 'intomarceu'.

Bungalow Bill....... having just listened to one of your songs (well the intro and first verse..) I completely understand that you have no interest in good lyrics.
    But perhaps you should make up for that with the music.
    Oh..... and I was under the impression that you were Irish, but clearly you have an American drawl in your accent.
    So I am sorry for my mistakes.

Please ignore anything else I write.
    Regards
    Someone in the real world.

IBEH wrote:
    Bungalow Bill....... having just listened to one of your songs (well the intro and first verse..) I completely understand that you have no interest in good lyrics.
    But perhaps you should make up for that with the music.
    Oh..... and I was under the impression that you were Irish, but clearly you have an American drawl in your accent.
    So I am sorry for my mistakes.

Please ignore anything else I write.
    Regards
    Someone in the real world.

Please, I have no interest in what you think of my music. You're a newbie here, and you have clearly come on trying to make an impact or something with this ridiculous attitude but everyone here has seen it before. People who idolize morrissey would tend not to like my music, but I don't care, my influences aren't particularly alternative. I'm influenced by the beatles, damien rice, oasis, elliot smith, green day, Nirvana, jeff buckley, Rory gallgher, U2. So musical snobs tend to not to like music like mine. The ironic thing is, having studied it, I probably know a hell of a lot more about music that you ever will. So please, never listen to my songs again, cheers.

Okay. I promise never to listen to your music again.

I may be a 'newbie' on here (oh, by the way on your music site you have used an apostrophe in the plural of newbie - newbie's - this is incorrect) but I am not a newcomer to the world, or to the world of music. Perhaps one day I will explain, perhaps not.

Also, I have no desire to 'make an impact' on this website, I have already done so in the real world.

I'm sorry if my opinions, or my attitude, appear controversial, I'm tempted to think that anyone with a strong personality may appear troublesome on here.

Wasn't it windy today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

IBEH wrote:
    ...but I am not a newcomer to the world, or to the world of music. Perhaps one day I will explain, perhaps not.

Also, I have no desire to 'make an impact' on this website, I have already done so in the real world
    I've got it, he is Morrissey in disguise.

• Advertisement

IBEH wrote:
    Okay. I promise never to listen to your music again.

I may be a 'newbie' on here (oh, by the way on your music site you have used an apostrophe in the plural of newbie - newbie's - this is incorrect) but I am not a newcomer to the world, or to the world of music. Perhaps one day I will explain, perhaps not.

Also, I have no desire to 'make an impact' on this website, I have already done so in the real world.

I'm sorry if my opinions, or my attitude, appear controversial, I'm tempted to think that anyone with a strong personality may appear troublesome on here.

Wasn't it windy today?

Much as we know you'd love to appear controversial, correcting grammar?seriously? Its not that you even have a strong personality its that it reeks of pretentiousness and your gonna run out of material soon enough and end up having to speak like everyone else. But only as bad as your idol I suppose. He tries to act very dignified, like yourself, but ends up dressing up as a priest to mime in front of a bunch of twelve year olds on cd:uk to try and sell a couple more copies of his album. Basically, you both end up looking like twats.

Advertisement