Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

This is like watching a car crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 IBEH

Your collective wit and wisdom has beat me down.
    I surrender..(Hey! Rainbow! Dr. Wotsit - they were a bit metal, maybe not heavy, kind of tin foil, but close)

Yours, in retirement due to my obvious inability to compete with such heavyweights.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Perhaps the problem is that you feel the need to compete? Everyone is entitled to a differing opinion, yet when someone says something you disagree with you resort to petty insults? Every other poster here seems capable of accepting the differing views of the other participants, why must you cloud things with eighth rate Wyldeisms and spelling corrections? Lighten up. There is no reason for this kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Either this person is the most obnoxious and closed minded thing I have ever seen, or it's on a troll through internet land (These things are not mutually exclusive though, so both are possible). Ignore him or send him somewhere people of similar intent go.

Here in County Clare the wind is blowing....... and the temperature is low.

• Advertisement

IBEH wrote:
    Your collective wit and wisdom has beat me down.

It's hard to compete with the best :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

So what happened to finding out about moz....so far all I've discovered is how easy it is for ppl to argue over ickle things-ickle yet important things (she says wishing not to incur the wrath of bungalowbill and his humungus arms ARGH!).

Anyway, back to Moz, ok, his lyrics do leave a bit to be desired and this album is ok, pretty gud in places but its not meat is murder or the queen is dead-oh come back Johnny Marr come back-nor is it a Vauxhall and I(sp), but America is not the world in this Micheal Moore world is quite fitting and was quite fitting when the album first came out in the summer. I also thought that, I'm not sorry, and the world is full of crashing bores were classic self indulgent moz...but again the rest of the album lacks some of his old gusto....

I do agree in part that sometimes it is lyrics that make a song-e.g Bob Dylan-cant sing to save his life-imho-however he does write some killer songs-tambourine man, like a woman, mississippi, and so on,(bar blowing in the wind-thats just been over done) that just stone you. However there are far better vocalists that can take those songs to another place. And sometimes the lyrics aren't important, Janis Joplin, or Dusty, Tom Waits, or even Chris Cornell could be singing about taking out the rubbish and their voices could still get to me...particularly Ms Joplin-dam that woman got a voice....

Anyway, does anyone know anything interesting about Moz? And do you believe that he really is celebit (sp)....?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

IBEH wrote:
    I would be interested in hearing any unsigned Irish bands that write and perform original songs.
    If I like you I could help you.

Please no HM or other such nonsense.

Thanks.

Judging by you being possibly able to help young irish bands, it sounds to me like you consider yourself a music industry professional of some sorts, but by the way you choose your arguments (such as dismissing Doctor J's arguments because you don't listen to heavy metal guitarists' comments, an ad hominem fallacy known as 'poisoning the well'. and he's primarily a bassist, you twat) makes me think that you are not educated enough to be what you make yourself out to be, although you point out other people's typos as a way of trying to make people think you are more intellectual than them.

So feck off

Your Lordness
    I hate heavy metal, and anyone that likes it is of no interest to me. That is the truth. I'm sure you have strong feelings about some topic.
    I just know that if you like heavy metal then I have nothing in common with you. So, if you are offended by me stating that opinion then tough.

And yes, perhaps I can help an unsigned band here in Ireland. But I will shortly be returning back home, so if Ireland's youth just want heavy metal then I will turn my back and smile.

You are all very easy to upset. Stop being so defensive.

Manchester, so much to answer for...............

.....the first person to spot the mistake wins a night out with Bez.....

• Advertisement

IBEH wrote:
    .....the first person to spot the mistake

You?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

In the interest of a healthy debate about Morrissey, let's discuss the following:

If Morrissey went bald, do you think he'd wear a wig?

:)

I reckon he'd get hair implants

good job he's not a heavy rocker, he'd need hair transplant, extensions, spandex pants and a lobotomy.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

IBEH wrote:
    good job he's not a heavy rocker, he'd need hair transplant, extensions, spandex pants and a lobotomy.
    :rolleyes:

Have you any interest in music at all? You only seem to be interested in how the musicians look.

It's all about the music.
    But a little style (look it up) never goes amiss.

If it's all about the music why don't you give music a chance? You seem to think that only Morrissey is considered music.

And another thing.............

So it goes.

Just thought I'd update this discussion.
    You know it makes sense.

• Advertisement

it's not a discussion, it's you ****ing on about god knows what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Morrissey has a quiff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 deceptacon

God still, but.

Am I still here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

IBEH wrote: »
    Many of the greatest Artistes never played an instrument, so that point is as pale as your face (you sound very white).
    And to say that lyrics aren't that important to a song, well that is simply an opinion and only as valid as the person expressing it. Which means that outside of your boxroom you are not creative or interesting. I'm sure that's fine to most of the population. But it just won't do for me.
    Also his name is Morrissey.
    And to conclude, I can't be bothered with you anymore, not now that I have read one of your comments. Please stay with your own kind and I'll stay with mine.

Is that you, Mozza.
    Admittedly not as endearingly imaginative as a typical putdown from the great Pope of Mope but your post still has a faintly Morrisseyesque preciousness/ pomposity to it.
    (a preciousness of course to which the great man is arguably entitled, but to which you doubtfully are).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Am I still here?
    No.

I think there should be a bit more Happy Mondays on this site but you don't always get your way do you!? I love Manchester too, but I'm still able to spot a mistake. Man City! Now, where's Bez.

Listen, you seem to be steeped in grave stupidity, especially your views on Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal is a well respectsed genre, and most of it's musicians are highly talented. You shouldn't speek about something you've no clue about! I like the Smiths but I think Morrissey's a fruit, there, I said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

So....... using your logic this site it totally obsolete.
    If someone wants to talk about morrissey - go to a morrissey site. If someone wants to discuss fishing - go to a fishing site. If someone is interested in thermo nuclear dynamics - go to a thermo nuclear dynamics site. If someone has a hankering for art, news, games, music, sci-fi, sports... etc., etc., etc., then they should head for dedicated sites.
    Thanks for your advice, as a 'newbie' I would please like a list of subjects that can be discussed on here.
    Yours,
    The Merchant Of Ennis..

Do you think the Smiths really split up because he tried to give Johnny Marr one?

Advertisement