Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Rice Tsunami benefit gig

Options
  • 03-01-2005 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm amazed that tickets still seem to be available for this one, but Damien Rice is playing a benefit gig for the Tsunami Appeal in the TBMC this Thursday. It's a bit pricey, I know, but it should be a good night and some of the money will be going to a well worthy cause...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1466262A

See ye there!
    P.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

........some of the money will be going to a well worthy cause...

Where's the rest of it going? Templebar isnt that expensive to get. Tickets aren't sold because,
    1) As you said, it's expensive
    and
    2) The quality of act isn't to the standards of most punters out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

To be honest, I'm don't know about the breakdown of where the money goes, but you can be fairly sure that it's a large chunk going to the charity. I'd expect that artists, in benefit gig tradition, will be playing for free. Venues sometimes give the place over for cheap or even free on these occasions as well. My credit card was charged 7.50 booking fee on top of the ticket price, though, which I doubt will be going to the charity (someone correct me if I'm wrong!! :confused: ). Maybe buying the tickets at the venue box office would be cheaper if you wanna try that.

Personally, though, I think the gig's well worth the money in its own right anyway... Haven't seen him play in over a year now.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

Here is the link on Ticketmaster

It says on ticketmaster - Performance Information:
    All Proceeds go to Oxfam for TSUNAMI APPEAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Thanks for the clarification, Ozone. Does "proceeds" mean that the total face value of the ticket goes to the charity, i.e. the full €30 per ticket, or do they mean profits after costs are taken out? I've never been sure of that term...

P. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Newcastle United really do need a few players......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

don't know where it was i heard it.. but i heard all money from that gig is going to red cross...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

on the damo rice site, it says every penny is going to Oxfam.
    so im assuming use of venue, and obviously, the performance is "free, gratis, and for nothing!"

site also says its sold out now.
    spend your money on a Polar ticket instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Achille wrote:
    spend your money on a Polar ticket instead.

lol :D
    Do it!
    xm

I'm surprised the liberal anti-big macers haven't been ranting yet over that comment. Don't think anyone got my joke.....
    Are Polar cool?(excuse the pun)

The word depressing springs to mind, should fit in well in the sh1t hole that is whelans........South is a pretty good song though,if generic.
    Underneath is cool as well.

• Advertisement

I take back the generic comment on South, its actually a pretty good song.

Shud have saved my other one liner for this thread, it was much funnier.........

Advertisement