Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping in Malaysia (Penang)

• 03-01-2005 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi I am going to Penang for two weeks and am keen to shop over there to get some electronic stuff like an iriver(mp3 player) or anything fancy and cheaper than Ireland to get over there.

Have anyone any advice on why not to buy electrical stuff over there due to power settings etc? Or maybe where the best place to shop in Penang is for electronic stuff?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Guest

are you for real?
    did you turn on a tv in the last week?
    there is 299 people injured and 68 dead in Malaysia alone...
    maybe you should not buy an mp3 player while in Malaysia and donate a few quid to the red cross instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

^enzo^ wrote:
    are you for real?
    maybe you should not buy an mp3 player while in Malaysia and donate a few quid to the red cross instead?

Course I am going to help out and donate when over there, it was awful what happened. I don't think Penang was badly affected and seen as I have to go over I was going to contribute to there economy and buy a few bits and bobs as well as the donations.

Besides all the above anyone got ay experience with purchasing over there?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

No problems getting electrical stuff over there as they use the same voltage as we do here. Generally, you will probably get some cheaper stuff over there. Though if you want to buy mobile phones, they are cheaper there, be wary that the phones in Malaysia are chipped to include their language. Although this is done by Nokia, some poeple say its makes the phone reception slightly bad. Not that you would notice it anyway. Other than that, Malaysia is real cheap as 1 Euro = 5 Ringgit Malaysia :)
    If you need any more info, just pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Gav99

^enzo^ wrote:
    are you for real?

Get off your high horse you pompus wanker. He asked a simple question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Yeah Malaysia isnt nearly as badly effected as Thailand and the rest of Asia. I'm sure by the time he goes, it would have cleared up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

neokenzo wrote:
    No problems getting electrical stuff over there as they use the same voltage as we do here. Generally, you will probably get some cheaper stuff over there. Though if you want to buy mobile phones, they are cheaper there, be wary that the phones in Malaysia are chipped to include their language. Although this is done by Nokia, some poeple say its makes the phone reception slightly bad. Not that you would notice it anyway. Other than that, Malaysia is real cheap as 1 Euro = 5 Ringgit Malaysia :)
    If you need any more info, just pm me :)

Thanks NEO it sounds like you are a good resource to ask more question so I will take you up on the offer to pm you, thanks a mill. Gav thanks for the back up mate, I guess there will be always people on the boards diluting the good info that people publish to help each other.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It might be worth your while going to Singapore (even for a day, very cheap and easy to get there from Malaysia), I was in that part of the world last month and although the electronics prices in Malaysia weren't too bad they were cheaper (I found anyway) in Singapore.

Advertisement