Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nancys

• 03-01-2005 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been up to Nancy Spains a few times recently. Its great. Nice music, nice open fire, incredibly attractive female bar staff, and the icing on the cake - all draft €3.

Definitely worth a visit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

i concur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

To be honest I haven't drank there since I was in first year of college, which is a long time ago. I've some good memories of the place, but I seem to remember the pints as being quite bad from the last time I visisted a few years back.

As I got older I tended to pop down the road to "The Gateway" as an alternate destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Gateway would be my regular spot alright, but Ive been there so many times over xmas I feel like I need a bit of a break from the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I too vote for Nancys. it was always a good pub and you can't beat pints for three quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I went back to Nancy's recently for the first time in ages, and was well surprised at the price of drink there, a very pleasant surprise indeed. It's far quieter at weekends as well, in case the thought of all the students would put anyone off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dudara wrote:
    I went back to Nancy's recently for the first time in ages, and was well surprised at the price of drink there, a very pleasant surprise indeed. It's far quieter at weekends as well, in case the thought of all the students would put anyone off.

Which kind of students? The queit drunken type? Or the loud rugby playing drunken type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

the quite druken type...however nearing rag week this changes... all this talk of nancys makes me want a drink in there and for €3 im going there at weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Might be an idea for a Cork boards night out?

Advertisement