Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat are rubish. Be warned.

• 03-01-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Esat are terrible in regards to their billing department. Fair enough the actual broad band service was fine, but as for trying to get any sort of sense from them in regards to paying for the service is impossible.

I really couldnt be bothered explaining the whole thing, it will only get me worked up, but in short... Dont expect to be billed correctly for anything. Expect to have alot of hassle in trying to get them to send you a statement of any sort, and dont expect to be disconnected from their service with out alot of hassle also.

Pain... in.. the.. ass.

Moving to eircom as soon as possible, I would rather pay the odd euro extra to a company that can give an itemised bill, in conjunction with the phone bill, than getting a debt collecting company calling to my door, asking for a ridiculous amount of money.

You have been warned.

-Coz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*gives adren a little pat on the back*

dont worry little friend. i'm always here to give you a big hug.

speaking of which havnt heard from over the xmas period. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Yea where you go, you went off line like after the first couple of days? Thought you must have gone somewhere with the folks.

P.s Thanks for the pat on the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

at home i have one crappy pc with no sound and a really annoying keyboard. so i dont hang around online much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Esats billing department has been the worst in the country for any sort of business since it began. It's astonishing that a company so big can have such a poor billing system and not do anything about it for years when they all know it doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DarkTranquiLity

-ADREN- wrote:

Moving to eircom as soon as possible, I would rather pay the odd euro extra to a company that can give an itemised bill, in conjunction with the phone bill, than getting a debt collecting company calling to my door, asking for a ridiculous amount of money.

-Coz.

Dude, Your going from bad to WORSE. Just 'cos eircom give an itemised bill, thats no excuse to lose your mind altogether!!! STAY AWAY FROM EIRCOM. Just a friendly bit of advice.

Try UTV, Been with em for nearly 4 months, not 1 problem!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I know this is not a very serious thread, but I've used most ISP's in Ireland and I'm sorry to say that Eircom is the best of the lot. They're pricey, but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I have IOLBB now for about 8 months and no problems at all except where it comes to billing. Constantly being over charged and it seems to take ages to get the problem sorted out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I get an itemised bill from IOL...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I get an itemised bill from IOL...

And is each item wrong? :)

For once I am in agreement with Moriarity! How can a major company continue to operate with such a dysfunctional billing department? And as M says this is going on for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Esat are broken or something. We haven't got any sort of bills since the summer from them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

dub45 wrote:
    And is each item wrong? :)
    nope...

I'm on IOLBB+ with the Esat BT Advantage PLUS phone package if that makes a difference. The only "billing error" was I was overcharged when getting BB installed as I did it myself instead of an engineer doing it. I was however refunded on the next bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

I was using Esat in April. I noticed that i didnt receive any bills from them, i rang them. I eventually got through and the girl said that there was a problem with their computer printouts and should be sorted out shortly. I got fed up waiting so I moved back to eircom. At the end of November i received a bill from Esat (I nearly passed out with the cost). After two days i started to receiving messages on my phone requesting payment. When i rang them they wanted to know if i had received the bill and how quickly they could receive payment. I told them that i would pay them of in instalments. In December I paid 1/4 of it by banking online. I received more phone calls from Esat. They said at first that they didnt receive any payment from me. When they discovered that it was paid the man on the phone asked whent they could receive final payment. I said that it was coming up to xmas and after all its their fault for not sending me a bill when it was due that i was going to wait till maybe march 05 before i pay the final instalment as i was raging that they had me waiting so long to pay it. He then threatened me with legal action and that if it went to court that they would win plus legal costs. He then said that he would ring me again in January to see when i would pay the final instalment. What nice people Esat really are! :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nybras

To all, thank you for the advise on Esat. I’ll stick with eircom, even though their a shower of robbing ba**ards. No choice. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Esat thankfully refuse to do business with me because apparently there's an outstanding bill. They can't tell me what the bill is for or how much it is and I've never received anything from them saying that I owe them money. On the contrary, I received a letter saying the account had been cleared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

As Moriarty had said, Esat/bt has a long and well-earned reputation for adminstrative incompetence. Their tech-support guys are good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... I had problems with them too.

They somehow thought it would be a neat idea to charge me for IOLBB and IOLBB+ on the SAME phone line... surely these things should ring alarm bells in their system?

Advertisement