Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need panels for your restoration ?

Options
  • 03-01-2005 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

I have just come across two companies who supply new bodywork panels for older cars -

e.g. Toyota KE30 Corolla wings and sill panels !

www.oldpanels.co.uk

For Ford, BMC and Rootes panels - www.steelpanels.co.uk

Let me know if you find something you were looking for.

Regards,
    Silvera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Silvera, are you contemplating doing a restoration yourself? A K30 perhaps? :)

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Not at the moment BrianD3, but maybe someday.
    I don't have a workshop for restorations at the mo, will have to wait til I have one ! :)

It could be a bit of a task to find a 'do-able' K30 in Ireland !

How about u ? Any old/classic car about the place ?

....besides ur Megane that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Silvera, I certainly wouldn't take on a restoration myself at the moment or in the near future. TBH I have no training whatsoever and I would know feck all about it. I would be completely lost and ill equipped when it comes to bodywork and painting and would only be slightly less lost when it comes to mechanical stuff :) But at least with mechanical stuff I have the Megane to practice on :)

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭jamesd

A lad I know did a k30 last year wth a rwd twin cam engine and rear axle/diff - great yoke to go.

We've a 1958 beetle fully restored and a 1965 ready for restro plus im doing up a 91 mk2 16V GTi

Will he be attending any car shows with the K30 - would be nice to see a restored example ?

Is it fairly original otherwise ? ................... I'm not keen on 'souped up' cars:D

The Beetle's are great cars to work on. I've restored a few in the past. And easy parts availability is always a bonus !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭jamesd

It's standard otherwise - I might have a pic or 2 I can post up of it from the Classic Car show in Limerick 2 years ago.

would be nice to see those pics !

Advertisement