Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B@stard traffic

• 03-01-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

man ur missin out on the LUAS. its a bit slow but when the traffic is like that, the LUAS is like one of them eurostar trains that go a million miles an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I was in the centre today and counted myself lucky that it only took me 1/2 hour to get a parking space. I'd say there were some frayed tempers around there today. People really start acting like feckin assholes to each other when it's that busy.

BrianD3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

they should have a LUAS line that goes up the entire M50 and back. u could then go from the square to blanchardstown to liffey valley and back again. doubt it would be hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Luas = God

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

It never ceases to amaze me that the only thing people can think of doing on their day's off nowaday's is to go to a shopping center,cash has really become king.No wonder were turning into a nation of fat b@stards !.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I spent a week in Dublin there over the New Year and my god, but the Luas is impressive. it's almost like being back in Germany!! Clean, efficient and fast. Why did it take them so long to put it in place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Went to Blanch yesterday after work at 1pm, gave up trying to find a parking space after 15 minutes in the car park beside Roches (I know, I'm an impatient git).

Just back in from it today from another trip over, not as bad as yesterday but still plenty of movement.

There's too much money in this economy, and I'm hibernating for the year the SSIAs start to mature!

Oh, on a related note...why are people so fukcin dumb when it comes to driving around the car parks in shopping centres. No regard for one-way systems ("yes love, it does[/i] say NO ENTRY"), and even less regard for restrictions on turning out of said car parks. IT SAYS LEFT TURN ONLY FOR A BAST*RD REASON YOU DOZY COW! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Cycled in this morn -
    New Year Resolution is to use the car less

Was great - really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

dudara wrote:
    I spent a week in Dublin there over the New Year and my god, but the Luas is impressive. it's almost like being back in Germany!! Clean, efficient and fast. Why did it take them so long to put it in place

It took that long because one of Berties mates was in charge of buliding it and they made a sh*t load of dosh delaying it. Same as everything in this country, look at the Port Tunnel.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

luas would be great if it actually went near any suburbs with built up traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its ****ing rediculous. Ive been getting the 39 bus for years and its getting worse every year. It serves FAR too many areas, There needs to be about 10 different bus's with different routes that serve the greater blanchardstown area. Going all along Navan road , through the blanchardstown village AND the blanchardstown centre just to get to Clonsilla is mental :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

dudara wrote:

I'm amazed you managed to get space on one. And that it wasn't in an accident is an even bigger mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Blach shopping centre traffic, and blanch-city centre are the worst in Dublin IMHO. Still no sign of LUAS, makes me wonder if we this is a communist country?

There's no doubt any sort of public transport, if it saves time (dart, metro, luas, spaceship1, whatever), it will full of people, as there are hundreds of thousands of new houses built/being build in that area! Can they not see there is a profit to be made?

bl**dy backward, IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

positron wrote:
    Blach shopping centre traffic, and blanch-city centre are the worst in Dublin IMHO. Still no sign of LUAS, makes me wonder if we this is a communist country?

There's no doubt any sort of public transport, if it saves time (dart, metro, luas, spaceship1, whatever), it will full of people, as there are hundreds of thousands of new houses built/being build in that area! Can they not see there is a profit to be made?

bl**dy backward, IMO!

One of the very few benefits of the eastern-bloc communist countries was a very good public transport system.

There is no light rail planned for the Blanchardstown area. There is already a rail line close by.

The reason why traffic and public transport is lousy (and probably always will be) in that area is the awful planning and design of the whole area. Several square miles of unbroken housing developments with few facilities and a small number of access roads with one massive shopping area to one side is a recipe for constant traffic jams. It is also a nightmare for providing decent public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Funny all this talk of traffic jams.
    When I went out the door this morning - I honestly thought that my alarm clock had been taking the piss out of me because instead of the usual gridlock outside my door there was free-flowing traffic - and not that much of it.

I actually took my phone out and rechecked the time to make sure it was actually 8:30. And then I got on my bike and cycled to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

The LUAS is great, it'd be better if there were actually more than two routes (or if one of them went by me).

Buy a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

When I went out the door this morning - I honestly thought that my alarm clock had been taking the piss out of me because instead of the usual gridlock outside my door there was free-flowing traffic - and not that much of it.

ye i've noticed that aswell. I think many people are still on their holidays. Be prepared for next monday or tuesday !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

When does freeflow end?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

John R wrote:
    One of the very few benefits of the eastern-bloc communist countries was a very good public transport system.

Not to mention a marked absence of shopping centres. :D

Advertisement