Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random question for Jimmy (ET)

• 03-01-2005 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

name: jimmy
    year: jf
    course: engineering
    clubs: have official membership cards for at least 12 (conned out of about €35 in freshers week)
    Do you ever go to the SFSOC room?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wow, dec/sky, with housekeeping like that you'd make great husbands. :D

EDIT: For someone else, that wasn't a come-on..

just don't want to give john any excuses for piss-taking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Welcome to boards first multiple personality thread.
    <davidattonborough>And here we see Pet carrying on a conversation with her other self. Amazing</davidattonborough>.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Evilution wrote:
    Pet carrying on a conversation with her other self.
    You realise pet is of the classification Grungela Blokealis..

And just what is the beef with yerself and John usin latin in yer sigs? Use a language that's not dead for chris' sake.. like me :D
    Good 'ol 日本語!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    And just what is the beef with yerself and John usin latin in yer sigs? Use a language that's not dead for chris' sake.. like me :D
    Good 'ol 日本語!

What sig? I don't have one. Try this one though - phuckus officus :D

Ah, go confuse someone else's gender..

You silly roman :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Ah, go confuse someone else's gender..

That's a sig.
    That's your sig.

You silly roman :rolleyes:

Ah, that thing. I have sigs switched off y'see, so I don't see 'em. I put that in ages ago when I signed up.

Well it smells (by that I mean it makes me feel inferior as I don't understand it).

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Well it smells (by that I mean it makes me feel inferior as I don't understand it).

Hmmmm, you're a manly man, aren't you :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

woah! how did miss this thread? well actually pet i have been to sfsoc. why? have we met?

(sorry i didn't answer before. btw, whats with the schitzo ) :confused:

woah! how did miss this thread? well actually pet i have been to sfsoc. why? have we met?

(sorry i didn't answer before. btw, whats with the schitzo ) :confused:
    I believe so..I have been known to wear a cymbal on my head in the DURNS room on certain Tuesdays...ring any bells?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

ahh yes, new r with the hat

Exactly. You can say my name though, it won't result in demons being released or any such unspeakables.

Beetlejuice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Betelgeuse

That's a star

has apex become Ray D'arcy?

Sadly, no.

A bright-red intrinsic variable star, 527 light-years from Earth, in the constellation Orion.

[French Bételgeuse, ultimately from Arabic yad al-jawz’ : yad, hand; see yd in Semitic Roots + al-, the + jawz’, Gemini (later also used for Orion) perhaps akin to jawz, center, middle.]

Word History: The history of the curious star name Betelgeuse is a good example of how scholarly errors can creep into language. The story starts with the pre-Islamic Arabic astronomers, who called the star yad al-jawz’, “hand of the jawz’.” The jawz’ was their name for the constellation Gemini. After Greek astronomy became known to the Arabs, the word came to be applied to the constellation Orion as well. Some centuries later, when scribes writing in Medieval Latin tried to render the word, they misread the y as a b (the two corresponding Arabic letters are very similar when used as the first letter in a word), leading to the Medieval Latin form Bedalgeuze. In the Renaissance, another set of scholars trying to figure out the name interpreted the first syllable bed- as being derived from a putative Arabic word *b meaning “armpit.” This word did not exist; it would correctly have been ib. Nonetheless, the error stuck, and the resultant etymologically “improved” spelling Betelgeuse was borrowed into French as Bételgeuse, whence English Betelgeuse.

Oh god I hate astronomy...

It sucks that I have to study this crap

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Oh god I hate astronomy...

/me waits for sophie to come in and kick your arse.

am i the only one not on a first name basis with blankcanvas. i'm so jealous.

am i the only one not on a first name basis with blankcanvas. i'm so jealous.
    Haha and you're the only one in the same course and year as her..

No kev you're not alone. I'm not either. I think it's cos we're big big freaks.

• Advertisement

well we dont do any of the same subjects. i don't really care unless she's really hot. if she is she can have my number 555-desperate. if she's not she can also have my number, 555-sucker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well we dont do any of the same subjects. i don't really care unless she's really hot. if she is she can have my number 555-desperate. if she's not she can also have my number, 555-sucker.
    Well she is hot.....

I sense apple polishing afoot.. Hoping for a bit of reciprocated action there are we ian?

Well she is hot.....

555-kevin

concering what apex said,

yuck

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I sense apple polishing afoot.. Hoping for a bit of reciprocated action there are we ian?
    lol, the man asked a question, i answered the question. Simple as that.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I sense apple polishing afoot

Wouldn't just be apples they're polishing
    :D

just for the record. the above was mostly tongue in cheek rubbish. Also in the essence of clarity (sounds like a fragrance), during our group therapy (see other thread) many items were on the agenda. including the fued between ian and ronan, the cold war between me and pet and the plausibility of chick as a new mod seeing apex was taking his role too seriously. there was further discussion about hotwomen, mostly from here www.testyourego.com anyway, our discussion involved lots of nonsense, mainly said by me, which, to paraphrase, involved a sharp ax and some lima beans and the role of america in future world politics. (some of that is a lie but who cares) i also notice that i am the only one who refers to our group messenger conversation as group therapy and am appalled by this. I shall not have my consuelling services devalued as such

seeing apex was taking his role too seriously
    I was?

News to me

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

dec, kev, you guys can call me sophie, dont know why you havent before :)
    i mean i may not know yez personally, but dec i know your mate yannick...oh and kev, i do know a lot of biology people in 2nd year so its very likey that we do actually know some of the same people...

also im ignoring all those apple polishing remarks :S
    /me waits for sophie to come in and kick your arse.
    meh not this time, its okay to have your own opinion...if everyone liked the same things the world would be a damn boring place :)

also, yes ive changed my nickname thingy...i was really bored with blankcanvas....there is a reason i chose my new one that none of you guys will get, cos it's an inside joke that im not in the mood to explain....so no stupid comments :D

• Advertisement

also im ignoring all those apple polishing remarks :S
    well i guess i lose the pool as to wheither you'd post here again after that...

meh not this time, its okay to have your own opinion...if everyone liked the same things the world would be a damn boring place :)
    boring yes, but convenient....
    also, yes ive changed my nickname thingy...i was really bored with blankcanvas....there is a reason i chose my new one that none of you guys will get, cos it's an inside joke that im not in the mood to explain....so no stupid comments :D
    awww thats just not fair, about a million of em wizz'n about in me head......all be it most of em rude :p

there is a reason i chose my new one that none of you guys will get, cos it's an inside joke that im not in the mood to explain....so no stupid comments :D
    I'm with Ian on this one, it's probably not the best idea to leave this one to our imagination..

it's probably not the best idea to leave this one to our imagination..
    nah im gonna leave it to your imagination...itll be funnier that way :D

nah im gonna leave it to your imagination...itll be funnier that way :D
    it's funny either way, but i guess the posibilities do give me something to ponder in mathematical economics..

i thought it was snow white not sleeping beauty that had a thing for polished apples.

Crude, but well spotted :)

• Advertisement

hey sleepingbeauty, seeing that dec and ian are allowed to call ur sophie can i call you lucy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

hey sleepingbeauty, seeing that dec and ian are allowed to call ur sophie can i call you lucy?

What will I call you? Lucy too?

I like lucy better than sophie, but I like sofia even better and sadhb best of all. Let's all have our own names for bc/sb/sadhb.. It's more phun that way :D

lol, lucy is actually one of my middle names btw...how coincidental.... :D

I like lucy better than sophie, but I like sofia even better and sadhb best of all. Let's all have our own names for bc/sb/sadhb.. It's more phun that way
    thanks dec, i see you like my name then :rolleyes: ;)
    anyhoo dont go calling me too many different names cos im gonna get all confused :D

ok i think we should all follow ian nomenclature. apex is dec14335, sleepingb is lucy6456575 and I can be lucy4543 and so on. sabdh. never heard that before, sounds like a car.

• Advertisement

anyhoo dont go calling me too many different names cos im gonna get all confused :D
    how bout 'the hot one' ? ;) failing that sophie's a cool name...and i forget names every 20secs so better stick with the one i remember :p (god i hate that smily, pink like ffs..)

and **** its early.

ok i think we should all follow ian nomenclature. apex is dec14335, sleepingb is lucy6456575 and I can be lucy4543 and so on. sabdh. never heard that before, sounds like a car.
    i'd point out the glarling obviously wierd with that, but tbh i don't wanna know.

hrm thinking of a sex change are we kev? ;)
    how bout 'the hot one' ? failing that sophie's a cool name...and i forget names every 20secs so better stick with the one i remember (god i hate that smily, pink like ffs..)
    well go ahead (just dont tell my bf :rolleyes: )
    oh and the pink smiley rockks!!

Subtle, real subtle....
    will do so :) , could be intresting to tell him that tho...i wonder his reaction.....(anything for some entertainment..)

if i'd have met him right now i'd have said "until 12 seconds ago i didn't know you existed".

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i call joey69....

yes.... i have a filthy mind

is there 68 joeys already on the board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

should have got in the queue earlier lads, I got a nice small number

dum ti dum dum, ye think any of those 2nd year sci people i teach will know ur bf? this sounds iklke one of those great funn drunken plamns!>?

dum ti dum dum... not reading what i'm quoting, just hapily sitting in my head....

• Advertisement
Advertisement