Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagem MyC5-2 v Motorola V300 or V550 (Which to buy)

Options
  • 03-01-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm thinking of a clamshell type phone, and its down to the Sagem and the Motorola.

I have a Sagem My V-65 at the mo, which I am planning to give to the missus. The V-65 has IrDa, so that would be useful as I have an IrDa adaptor for my computer. The Sagem is available on my network (vodafone RTG) as is the V550 (at higher cost), but it seems I'd have to migrate to O2 or Meteor for the V300 (judging by their websites anyway)

I know both cameras are probably similar, but is there any difference between them?

Anyway, recommend me a phone please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The Motorola V550 will have the best camera of the lot. It also has video recording which the others don't. It also has Bluetooth which is used for wireless connectivity. You can use it to connect with headsets and also other phones for transfer of pictures, ringtones, etc. The other two don't have it.But yes ithe V550 is also the most expensive.
    The V300 is a good phone but not anywhere near as new as the other two. The Sagem MyC5-2 is a good all-round phone for its price but it's not particulary high-spec. From reports I've heard, the camera on the Sagem MyX5-2 is actually better (although it's cheaper).
    The Carphone Warehouse is also selling off stock of the older Motorola V525 for e119 on RTG but supplies are very limited. (it's basically the v550 with a less good camera)
    Hope that helps!

Advertisement