Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RipWave

• 03-01-2005 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm currently living in Ranelagh (without Broadband)
    and despite what i have read on boards i have gone ahead and purchased
    Ripwave, alot of people living in rented accomodation might swear by it
    or just plain out swear about it!
    Hopefully they deliver the modem soon as living without broadband is a pain.
    I'll be running Nagios to monitor the connection, whether up or down, from another DSL connection. I'll post the results up here.
    Nagios
    Maybe if we get some decent downtime statistics, and if the connection is as
    poor as some people on boards are willing to make us believe, complaining to Irish Broadband about quality of service might result in some action.
    If you indeed only receive half the connectivity you are meant to, why not just pay for half the service...
    Irish Broadband guarantee you a contention of 40:1 on the service, so i'm sure this means something to them, and if not to a solicitor :) if they can't guarantee it they aren't allowed publish it...
    Regards

David K
    Linux/Windows System Administrator
    BEng (Electrical and Electronic)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sounds good, nutz.

Some stats would be interesting.

Problem is that they would only really be relevant to users in Ranelagh.
    Users such as myself in Blackrock (oh NTL where art thou) are either on a different mast or different distances away.
    That, and the fact that IBB offer a take-it-or-leave-it attitude; i.e. it's no skin off their noses if we ditch the service.
    And some of us just don't have the option to leave it and go back to dial up.

Cheers!

Advertisement