Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is pc look safe?

Options
  • 03-01-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for a place witch is in euros off the internet. I came across a web site called www.pc-look.com. there prices are in euros and they seem to have good prices but im not sure if they are safe to by from? If you have purchesed from them please tell me what they are like and should I buy from them. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dunco

Try www.komplett.ie for good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

A friend ordered stuff from PC-Look. took about 7 - 10 days to get there but they are safe. Komplett may be a better idea.

thanks im just trying to find somewhere where i can get a good deal. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I've used that crowd about 5 times this past year and each time delivery varied from 3-5 working days. Not the fastest but definitely safe and good - parcel tracking sucks the big one though - anyone got any idea where your parcel goes to after la poste (france) - seems to be SDS but any time I enter my tracking number with SDS it doesn't show up in their system, then the delivery guy typically knocks on my door with the goods shortly after me wondering where the parcel is at :)

• Advertisement

Thanks TacT planning to mod my pc and xbox in fed-march since my birthday is in march :). if u now anywhere i can get the best deals on components it would be great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

TacT wrote:
    I've used that crowd about 5 times this past year and each time delivery varied from 3-5 working days. Not the fastest but definitely safe and good - parcel tracking sucks the big one though - anyone got any idea where your parcel goes to after la poste (france) - seems to be SDS but any time I enter my tracking number with SDS it doesn't show up in their system, then the delivery guy typically knocks on my door with the goods shortly after me wondering where the parcel is at :)

Tact I think you'll find that the SDS System can't handle the original number.... and if you enter it into La Postes website (If they Have one) It'll say something like "With local Delivery Company". As a result of this, I've found that if you ring SDS they will be able to tell you the location of the package.... Roundabout way, but it works.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Lump wrote:
    Tact I think you'll find that the SDS System can't handle the original number.... and if you enter it into La Postes website (If they Have one) It'll say something like "With local Delivery Company". As a result of this, I've found that if you ring SDS they will be able to tell you the location of the package.... Roundabout way, but it works.

John

Cheers John, that's what I've been doing. Poxy french La poste only ever says the equivalent of - arrived at treatment site Gennevilliers. I usually give it two days from despatch then give sds a bell to harass them about my package :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It has to be said, I do know my dodgy delivery companies...

John

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Have ordered from pc-look a few times aswell, never any problems, great range of stock....... good company if you ask me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Col_Loki wrote:
    Have ordered from pc-look a few times aswell, never any problems, great range of stock....... good company if you ask me!!

Same here! About this time last year I bought a Zalman North Bridge fan from them for €3.99 that was for sale in Maplins and Peats for €24.99 :rolleyes:

They are very good for any sort of modding. You won't find much if any traditional parts such as hard disks, mobos, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

they will ask you to provide proof of identity and address. i sent them scans of my driving licence and a phone bill. i bought 2 antec sonatas. no problems. very good service.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

There actually stocking hard drives and motherboards now !! They are always expanding there range.

I wasent asked for any proof of delivery address or id, guess its done on a more random basis. There delivery worked out pretty decent aswell from what i can remember....

Advertisement