Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband with wireless network

• 04-01-2005 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

this is just wreckin me head.
    I have the Esat BB modem (Zyxel 600 series) and i have a wireless broadband router (Linksys wrt54g). I want to do the obvious (BB over the wireless network) but just cant get it to work. Is there any one that can give me a quick step through on what i should have to do?

Here is what i have done so far
    1. Set up BB as normal (i reset it as well incase there was some weird settings) DHCP is enabled on the modem
    2. Plugged the ethernet cable from the modem into the internet port of the Wireless router. Connected to Wireless router admin tool and set the internet connection type to DHCP.

Now i was just thinking both the modem and the router have the same IP 192.168.1.1 but I dont think this will casue a conflict?

What should i do next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Look at this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=214375
    Sounds like a similiar problem
    Try what worked for me and see if it helps

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

ok im so so close now.
    I have the router nad the modem talking perfectly. if i access the routers configuration from Internet Explorer and then acces the ping tool and ping lets say google it will ping perfectly

but if i ping from the pcs it will get googles IP no prob but it thats it. it will just time out

what am i missing?

doesn't matter working perfectly!!!

thanx for ur help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pmcc

Well how did you get it to work then??

when i was setting up the BB modem in the wizard i set it as a bridge.
    then in my wireless router i set it internet connection type as PPPoE put in my logon details. and set the router operating mode as a gateway.

thats what i did in a nutshell

• Advertisement
Advertisement