Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What monitors do you use for your graphic design?

Options
  • 04-01-2005 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of purchasing a new Monitor at the minute. an i was wondering what sort of monitors the rest of the web designers/developers/graphic designers are using here?

I only posted this here because i'm not interested in how good the monitor is for gaming, just it's color reproduction and desktop real estate.

was thinking about the samsung 193p, it's a bit pricy at €650.
    does anyone recommend anything else?

might consider a CRT or TFT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

While on this topic .... A mate of mine is looking at getting four monitors, one in each corner kinda thing ...... 3D Studio Max is broken up into four sections and he wants a monitor for each one ..... Any idea what he should be looking for ? What is good and bad, the pitfalls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

19" Sony Trinitron CRT, 420G. Very nice. I spent 700 euro on it at the time, but I think it's been well worth it.

Next purchase will be an Apple Cinema display, they are very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I got a rebadged 19" Sony Trinitron CRT secondhand about 2 years ago on the FS board. Spent about 200 yoyos on it. Still my main monitor and looks great.
    Good colour reproduction.

However i am saving for a 21 flat screen to replace it. Cheapest good one i can find is between 800 and a grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Tfts don't always display colours exactly correctly, from what I've read. They also are optimised for a single resolution. They will display at different resolutions, but the quality will be reduced. They are far easier on the eyes in my opinion. [I have been waiting for a nice new 19" one from komplett for maybe a month; should have been dleivered two weeks ago, gls are dreadful, but i digress.] CRT monitors are probably a safer choice for designers for the reasons I've mentioned, although some designers use tfts quite happily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Erm, that's nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

usin a sony xblack tft at the moment, and i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

just bought the samsung 193p. :) it''s a sweet monitor very good colour reproduction.
    looks great too. thanks for all the comments.

Advertisement