Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something Wrong with View Count

Options
  • 04-01-2005 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Noticed that too on a thread I posted in all things retro which has 4 reples but only 5 views. I thought It strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Neither of you are hitting "View Your Post" after creating it are you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just noticed it now! Went to afterhours to see if it was just no one reads this forum, sure enough AH also is showing it. Must of happened recently as some of the older threads look fine.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

roger roger, I noticed it yesterday; just decided it was everyone who viewed the thread was posting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Happening all over the shop so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Noticed it this morning when a question I put in the comp forum had NO views, except my own. Very unusual for this busy forum, so then it dawned on me

This a bug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

regi's brow is currently furrowing all over this issue :)

Never fear!

Err, slight addition to this; quite a few of the threads that I had viewed earlier on today decided that I hadn't viewed them several hours after being marked read.

Possibly related, or possibly unique to my good self.

Happened again just now... certain threads (new in the last day or so) are being marked as unread.

• Advertisement

Same things happening here with firefox.

Quite annoying.

It means also that the subbed menu is showing stars all the time for new posts in a forum even when there isn't.

Also how come in firefox I dont get the details of the last post when I hover the mouse over a forum with a star in the subbed menu anymore.
    That used be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Earthman wrote:
    Also how come in firefox I dont get the details of the last post when I hover the mouse over a forum with a star in the subbed menu anymore.
    That used be very handy.
    I get that too. It says something like "transferring data from boards.ie" or something? It normally works it out after a while, then it goes again once you move to a new page.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

dunno about the hover thing, but I havent changed anything. I do notice a few things new around the place but that might just be Cloud as he's woken up again and is pottering around (muttering to himself in an alarming fashion).

DeV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Creative writing too,
    After I post something the view countchanges, it hasnt changed in about a week,
    it used to show after people had read the thread how many viewed it...
    it has been stuck on the same number for about a week now.
    weird

Advertisement