Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Newbie.. duplicate mono audio to both sides?

• 04-01-2005 1:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Am having problem with a new gadget i've gotten. See details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2231727&postcount=1

Anyways, as you can see, the problem is regarding when i record with this new gadget off the TV. I only get the audio from the left.

The video's produced when recorded are Divx AVI's. When i play them on the TV or the gadget's built-in speaker, you wouldn't even notice that there's only audio from the left ear. But as you can imagine with earphones, it's a different story altogether! :rolleyes:

Anyways, to cut a long story short... i would like to extract the mono audio (left) and duplicate it to the right side. And then merge it back into the video, so now the same audio would be present in both left and right. Understand?

Doubt it's too difficult to do... but would like tips / advice on how to go about doing this.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Open your video file in an authoring package, recreate the audio track as stereo and duplicate the left sound track to the right as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers doodlesketch!

Any chance you could give me an example of "an authoring package"? VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/) would probably do it, right?

EDIT: Never mind doodlesketch. Got it done and working anyways!

Used VirtualDub to save the audio from the AVI as a WAV. Opened the WAV in a very good free program called Audacity. Re-created the WAV as a stereo track and duplicated the audio from the left channel into the right. Then saved the WAV. Merged with video and newly created audio together with VirtualDub. Works perfectly now!

Advertisement