Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Experiences

Options
  • 04-01-2005 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

I'm close to buying a second hand house with a Phonewatch system installed. To be honest, I don't know anyone else who has the system so my question is; is it any use? :confused:

If not could you please explain why so I can take a hammer to it! ;)

Happy new year,
    Homercles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I know someone with it installed. Once when it went off, (in error luckily) they (phonewatch) couldn't get anyone on the phone numbers they had to check with, and didn't call the cops. In fact they rang back about 4 hours later. The owner was hopping mad. I never heard what happened after that as the owner was embrassed that such an expensive alarm was so ineffectual. Other than that it looks and sounds a good system. Personally I don't put much faith in alarms, they all seem to have "issues".

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do a search here and on Gardening / DIY for "phonewatch" or "alarm".

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭The Security ma

Get ready to fork out big-style for 'nothing'.
    It appears to be the name your paying for.

Advertisement