Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help findin good books/site on:

• 04-01-2005 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

im doin a subject called: Introduction to Digital Communications
    the notes provided are useless
    the lecturer did not recommend any text book-unreal :mad:
    its pretty difficult as we have done nothing like it before
    below is the subject description
    can u plz giv us a hand with findin something, plz :(
    nice one in advance ;)

EE2906 Introduction to Digital Communications

Module Objective: To introduce the principles of digital telecommunications systems.

Module Content: Pulse Code Modulation; sampling, quantising, encoding, line codes. Digital Modulation Systems; ASK, FSK, PSK, QPSK, QAM. Error Correcting Codes; Hamming, CRC, Convolutional, Viterbi. Data Compression, Information Theory, Digital System Architecture

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

That sounds like a John Murphy subject, if so the notes may be crap but if you look at previous exams the questions repeat. Also he should go through most of those questions during the year - so take note and you should be laughing. Just try find someone in your class who has them, hopefully such a person exists...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

That seems to be an awful lot to do in one year. We did pretty much the same, but did it in two years as 2 seperate courses 24 lectures a course. Can't remember the book we used at the moment, but I'll check it up for you later when I get back home. The material can appear to be very confusing, but in the hands of a good lecturer it can be very straightforward and easy enough to understand. Sorry, i know that doesn't help much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I did alot of that on an oscail course nad still have the pdf notes if you want to have a look at em-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Those notes are actually really good, you sure you have a full set of them ? It's also probably the easiest subject you do in second year excluding maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

Molly wrote:
    Those notes are actually really good, you sure you have a full set of them ? It's also probably the easiest subject you do in second year excluding maths.
    no i dont hav a full set of em :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Well seeing as they carry on from lecture to lecture that would be why you're having problems with them. Borrow the lectures you're missing and write them down or photocopy them or whatever you feel like doing and the notes will be the third best set of notes you'll get in second year after Mechanical Engineering and Laplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

Molly wrote:
    Well seeing as they carry on from lecture to lecture that would be why you're having problems with them. Borrow the lectures you're missing and write them down or photocopy them or whatever you feel like doing and the notes will be the third best set of notes you'll get in second year after Mechanical Engineering and Laplace.

ur a starbar molly ;):) thanks a lot mate

Advertisement