Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of night rivers

Options
  • 04-01-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

A couple of nights ago in the cash game Ive recovered some of my losses and am in profit till the last hand of the night, K762 in my hand flop comes KK4 I bet 25 Kevin F raises to 75 I call turn is a 7 I check raise to get it all in for a 500euro pot, Kevin turns over AK84 and hits his 8 on the river

Last night towards the end of the night Im up a few quid when I get Jd7c4d4c flop comes KdQh4s Theres a bet into me I call, turn is 7d Its checked into me I bet 50 only to get raised to 220 putting me all in if I call, Im sure Im behind but then get the feeling he might just be trying to push me off the pot and Im sure my diamonds are good so I call he shows KK river is the 2d

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

you mean...you won this pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Of course I won it did you think it was a bad beat story or something? 231 times Ive had those Aces now, still havent lost with them all in against 11 people once

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

bohsman wrote:
    Of course I won it did you think it was a bad beat story or something? 231 times Ive had those Aces now, still havent lost with them all in against 11 people once
    xmas has been a veritable disaster from the cash point of view for me. Not so much bad beats, more getting my cash in when I'm ahead to find I'm behind by the river (like that AK versus A8c the other night Oscar). I've lost about 600 notes in cash/credit to 4-5 such 60/40 edges not paying off for me... its harsh but thats poker I guess. Still makes me feel sick everytime it happens!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deeferdog

suck it up boys. the 50/50 is a nightmare.

i had a 3 hour swing of $1100 last week online. every single one was a pocket pair against overcards.

won ten in a row..... lost ten in a row.....

hmmm guess i should have cashed out and paid the credit card bill instead....

just wait till the wife finds out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm down about 500 for the christmas period. Mostly due to bad beats and those 60/40's not paying off. I'm a firm believer in statistics in poker and don't get overly bothered losing money when i play a hand right.

It still doesn't help the bankroll tho ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement