Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Drivers on XP

• 04-01-2005 1:22pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently I had the need to reformat a xp machine, I reinstalled XP home on to it, and as the pc did not come with boot and driver disks, I had to start from scratch. Well finally I have xp going again but I hace 3 devices in my device manager not installed properly. When I click on them to install them, it does not give me an option to connect to the internet to try and find drivers. It just asks for the cd-rom or floppy disc.

Any ideas how I might be able to get the option to connect to the net back.

My modem is one of the drivers missing but I can still get online using BB connection.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check the web site of the PC manufacturer
    or the web sites of the device makers

Since you don't give any details about the names of the devices / cards /computer then try here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446

(there are links on the stickies to programs that will ID your HW)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

check the web site of the PC manufacturer
    or the web sites of the device makers

Since you don't give any details about the names of the devices / cards /computer then try here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446

(there are links on the stickies to programs that will ID your HW)

Not quiet sure what a link to a paranornal thread has to do with pc problems, but thanks anyway. I installed SP2 and that sorted me out.

Thanks again

Advertisement