Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish Licence to English Licence

Options
  • 04-01-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the process to change your Irish Licence to an English one? I currently hold an Irish Prov and would like to change it to an English one as I am currently working over here and would like to take my test in the not so distant future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

u have to be resident in the uk for 6 months and have a uk address. then u can just apply for a straight provisional0-no need to exchange it. however u need to be accompanied in the uk they strictly enforce this. applications forms from uk post offices. fee is £40 and u need to send the original passport. also u need an address there. they may or may not ask for proof of residency there (they didnt ask me but i sent them proof of council tax/ bank statements etc)

i reakon ur better applying in ennis, the wait is the shortest in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Just apply for a UK provisional licence like anybody else. No matter of "conversion" arises, since, unlike a full licence, your existing provisional licence doesn't actually imply any qualification on your part.

Dermot

Advertisement