Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much chocolate/crisps/sweets did you consumer over Christmas?

• 04-01-2005 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I probably consumed my body weight in chocolate, which is about 75% to blame for my weight gain during December! The bf gave me the gigantic tub of white & milk Maltesers all mixed in together, then I ate TWO Lindt chocolate Santa's (still dreaming about these), a selection box, about twenty M&S chocolate angel Xmas tree decorations, countless Roses, a box of M&S chocolate chip cookies (to die for), a packet of King crisps almost every day, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, half a giant Toblerone and God knows what else!!

Bear in mind that this was all over the space of ten days and was on top of numerous enormous lunches and dinners. I believe I may be the piggiest of them all! ;) I'm off all crap for January to try and give the ol' digestive system a break...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I'm after putting on over a half a stone over the Christmas. I ate all round me..... Roses, after eights, Swiss Choc, Milk Tray, Quality Streets, Celebrations, the list goes on!

Its to the gym for me in the new year. I might love choccie and all that but I do train in TKD also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

rainglow wrote:
    I probably consumed my body weight in chocolate, which is about 75% to blame for my weight gain during December! The bf gave me the gigantic tub of white & milk Maltesers all mixed in together, then I ate TWO Lindt chocolate Santa's (still dreaming about these), a selection box, about twenty M&S chocolate angel Xmas tree decorations, countless Roses, a box of M&S chocolate chip cookies (to die for), a packet of King crisps almost every day, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, half a giant Toblerone and God knows what else!!

Bear in mind that this was all over the space of ten days and was on top of numerous enormous lunches and dinners. I believe I may be the piggiest of them all! ;) I'm off all crap for January to try and give the ol' digestive system a break...

This is an example of sheer gluttony and greed, I know it was xmas but this is bordering on a disgusting amount of crap for one person to eat over a 2 week period.
    Are you feeling bad now and your looking for someone to wallow with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Keyzer wrote:
    This is an example of sheer gluttony and greed, I know it was xmas but this is bordering on a disgusting amount of crap for one person to eat over a 2 week period.
    Are you feeling bad now and your looking for someone to wallow with?

Its Christmas - we're allowed to indulge!

I had about 2 million Roses chocolates and about 50 tubes of Pringles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Whatever, eat what you want...
    But don't come on here looking for sympathy cos you eat like a horse over xmas and feel guilty now...

Keyzer wrote:
    Whatever, eat what you want...
    But don't come on here looking for sympathy cos you eat like a horse over xmas and feel guilty now...

I dont feel one little bit guilty - I'll just jog a little more than I usually do and I'll be fine in 2 weeks :D Will then get ready for Easter when the real choc feast begins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Break it up please or this is going to the thunderdome. No fighting here!

Anyway, I don't think he/she was looking for sympathy, just posting up a new forum as a means of contributing to this wonder world that ye know as the chococlate/crisps/sweets forum! besides, it was Christmas and people are naturally gonna indulge to the extreme... as I did.

memphis wrote:
    Break it up please or this is going to the thunderdome. No fighting here!

Anyway, I don't think he/she was looking for sympathy, just posting up a new forum as a means of contributing to this wonder world that ye know as the chococlate/crisps/sweets forum! besides, it was Christmas and people are naturally gonna indulge to the extreme... as I did.

Well said Memphis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

No sympathy required - I enjoyed every single mouthful! And relax....it's only chocolate! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I done the pure dog on it. There were 2 of those large tin of roses (1.5kg?) and some smaller boxes. Reckon I ate the full of one tin. Plus had a lovely chocolate milka santa, large dairy milk, half a large tin of double centers (creme brulees, mmm) and other random sweets and crisps... not to metion all the deserts!! put on so much weight!! Ahh well, have 12 months to get back to where I was biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Why oh why did they change the double centre sweets this year? BIG disappointment!

Bring back the old sweets. Some of this years ones only had one filling which laughs in the face of the whole name of the sweet range.

Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Ho! Ho! You don't.. . dont't want to know what I had for Christmas. I was pig faced... absolutely pig faced and I'm still doing it... finishing it all off. My mind is deciding which bar to eat next or should it be Crisps (and I eat 3 packs a go). Salt 'n Vinegar and a litre of coke.... before I start the next bar. I am slightly tired of Roses. 2Kg in 2 days! Ooooh my stomach. :))) Being at work helps me to lose my appetite! Give 'er a few days... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

i was ok on the chocolate but the vanilla coke.....oh the vanilla coke....sweet nectar
    of the gods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

vanilla coke....yuk!

omg....chocolate! i ate so much.......huge box of scots clan, large box of maltesers, pringles(x3), terrys chocolate oranges(x3),roses, celebrations, large box after 8's.....+lots more! You wudnnt mind if i was the sharing type when it comes to chocolate but im afraid im not(its mine,they can get their own!hehe)im addicted to the stuff!.....i swear if they had rehab for chocoholics id be there but prob escape from the place coz id be suffering from withdrawl symptoms!!lol

all i can say is roll on easter!....had my first bag of mini eggs today+creme egg!heavenly! :D lookn forward to more!

dont worry tho, im not 20stone or anything like that.....im a really active person so all the chocolate is nearly all burnt off!!phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

oh the vanilla coke....sweet nectar
    of the gods!

A&E departments should feed this to people who would otherwise need their stomach pumped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

had my part in killing a tin of roses and tin of heroes.
    Assorted biscuit tins too.

must say im not a fan of those Assorted biscuit tins..... i only like a few, then leave the rest....

speaking of biscuits: id love a cup of tea nw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i ate most of a box of celebrations. Regarding assorted biscuits, i came home from America to find the ususal nasty biscuits left in the bottom of a couple of tins that were at the house hehe :)

i feel for u Ruu on that one!!!its ppl like me that do that! apologies! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I went mad on the beer/pringles combo.Trouble is I'm still mad on the beer/pringles combo and its Jan 21st! $£"%"£$%£$%$"£ Help! :o

Advertisement