Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS map downloads

Options
  • 04-01-2005 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

I recently got a Dell GPS from the US. It only came with maps for the US (surprise, surprise) and dell Ireland won't let me buy the maps unless I buy another GPS (~240 Euro, I don't think so). Does anyone know any sites that let you download maps. I've tried the Navteq site but they only seem to be interested in cars (The dell GPS uses Navteq maps). Any advice appricated.

TIA

Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I recently got a Dell GPS from the US. It only came with maps for the US (surprise, surprise) and dell Ireland won't let me buy the maps unless I buy another GPS (~240 Euro, I don't think so). Does anyone know any sites that let you download maps. I've tried the Navteq site but they only seem to be interested in cars (The dell GPS uses Navteq maps). Any advice appricated.

TIA

Declan

Easy solution (needs €240 for about a week or two).

Buy a new dell GPS and copy the s/w and send it back.

Dell takes anything back no questions asked within 7 days of delivery. And i say it will serve them right for not sorting you out with the maps in the first place and maybe making them a lil money too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Easy solution (needs €240 for about a week or two).

Buy a new dell GPS and copy the s/w and send it back.

Dell takes anything back no questions asked within 7 days of delivery. And i say it will serve them right for not sorting you out with the maps in the first place and maybe making them a lil money too.

That is a fuppin good idea. I've sent Dell a complaint so I think I'll wait a few days to see if they reply (maybe this has just never come up before). Cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

I bought a Dell GPS also and have the maps for europe on CD.... Il can try make a copy if that helps?

Advertisement