Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake problems

Options
  • 04-01-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Chaps, I'm having a few probs with my brakes :(
    I have the brake warning light coming on intermittently, seems to come on under acceleration and cornering, yet I've checked the fluid resevoir and it's level is fine, plus sometimes the brake pedal looses some of it's resistance, although I have yet to experience any degredation in braking perfomance.
    I'm gonna have it checked out after work, but might any of you hazzard a guess as to what I'm going to be told?
    I wouldn't mind, but I'm only in for NCT tomorrow of all frickin' days :(

It's aVolvo S40 BTW if that's any addition.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

maybe an air leak?
    but usually if this was so it would be spongy all the time.
    let us know what it turns out 2 b

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'd say it's one of three things:
    -air in system which will be solved by bleeding the brakes
    -a slight leak of brake fluid somewhere not enough that you'd notice it in the reservoir but enough to impair braking slightly
    -master cylinder problem, like a dodgy seal or something.

BrianD3

Advertisement