Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just how sick can you get?

• 04-01-2005 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭

Some people are just scumbags and dont deserve to live IMO,

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13275942,00.html
    Survivors of the Indian Ocean tsunami are facing the terror of attacks from paedophiles and rapists, aid groups are warning.

The case of a 12-year old Swedish boy allegedly abducted from a hospital in Thailand and attacks on women in Sri Lankan refugee camps have fuelled fears.

Swedish newspaper Expressen reports that police from Sweden and Thai counterparts are looking for Kristian Walker, who had been in a hospital near the Khao Lak holiday resort.

A doctor told the paper: "Kristian was here in the hospital. He was taken away by a man."

The report comes a day after the Swedish branch of Save the Children warned that children who ended up alone after the natural disaster were potential targets for sexual abuse.

Managing director Charlotte Petri Gornitzka said: "The experience from other catastrophes is that children are particularly vulnerable."

Reports of sick opportunists preying on victims have also emerged in Sri Lanka.

The Women and Media Collective group said it had received reports of attacks on people in some poorly-guarded refugee camps.

A spokesman said: "We have received reports of incidents of rape, gang rape, molestation and physical abuse of women and girls in temporary shelters."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

This, and the story of the sicko sending hoax emails to victims family members telling them thier loved ones were dead when they werent, has affirmed my theory that humans are scum. Not all humans, but a high percentage. And i worry about being a bad person cause i stroked a chocolate bar in work :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it would be nice if this shocked me. It would :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Deadwing wrote:
    And i worry about being a bad person cause i stroked a chocolate bar in work :rolleyes:

From a machine or from a canteen? Details please?
    As for the main topic here, not too much I can say on it apart from the fact that what these people are doing would make you ashamed to be a human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I wish I could believe that story wasn't true.....This is fúcking sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

almost cried reading that story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Thats been going on in thailand for years and nobody there seems to give a SH*T.A lot of tourists there are sexual tourists
    the government there just havent done enough & nobody else seemed to gave a crap either until this disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Mordeth wrote:
    it would be nice if this shocked me. It would :(.

Too true. Nothing happens in this world that's a surprise anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Kingsize wrote:
    Thats been going on in thailand for years and nobody there seems to give a SH*T.A lot of tourists there are sexual tourists
    the government there just havent done enough & nobody else seemed to gave a crap either until this disaster.

Yup. The child sex tourism industry is alive and well and always has been in that whole region. Places like Goa in India, a lot of the Philipines, Thailand, and other places hit by the tsunami have been a hotbed of paedophaelia since around the time of the vietnam war.
    Local government has never really frowned on it since it's a big money-spinner. Charities in the west have been going on about it for ages, but it takes something like this for us to sit up and be shocked as a race?
    So now it's a tragedy during a catastrophe, but yet while it went on for years it was just another statistic we didn't care to dwell on...
    Selective memory is a wonderful thing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oooh a westerner. Now everyone pays attention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

BuffyBot wrote:
    Zuh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

Wah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The child sex industry has been alive and well in that part of the world for decades, and apart from the odd five minutes of some missionary preaching on the late late show, this has not been given much media attention.

but there is money to be made from this, so it will continue. nothing short of all those countries sinking completely into the sea will stop it.

as for the man sending the emails to relatives of missing people, he had to have either been a very immature individual. it is the type of thing you would expect a 12 year old boy to do as a prank.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

BuffyBot wrote:
    No matter how sad, there's nothing new there.

Advertisement