Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of advice

Options
  • 04-01-2005 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭

hey i know nothing about banks, credit cards etc etc well how to get a credit card.

well anyway here's the situation, I'd like to play a game online called Final Fantasy XI which requires a monthly subscription.

now i'm 18 going on 19 in april and i know you had to be 18 or over to get a card.

i also saw BOI's (i have a student account with these but is used seldomly) student credit card with a limit of €400 which you suit me fine cos i'd use it to buy cd's dvd's etc off the net aswell.

but when i looked at the application form it asked for my college name as in third level. well the fact is i'm in 6th year atm and not in college.
    can i still get one?

will the fact that i have no job hinder my chances of getting a card?

i could also handle getting a proper card as i'm not an impluse buyer and would always have the cash to buy it otherwise i wouldn't buy it (my dad brought this upon me strongly from stories he told me) would the fact i have no job hinder my chances of getting one of these from like MBNA or whatever.

sorry for the long winded post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Hi Cremo,

As far as I can remember, you need to be in fulltime employment to get a credit card. You can get someone you know to get one and put your name on a second card but it's their credit at risk not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

thanks for the reply,

my dad has one but i use it occasionally, when i do i always have the money for the purchase but i still feel kinda guilty using it as it's not mine if you know what i mean.

and i wouldn't say he'd be happy with a monthly subscription on it.

ahh well i'll wait a year or so and i'll get the college student credit card

Advertisement